disk replacement, vista ask new activation ?

Jean-Pierre Bordenave

disk replacement, vista ask new activation ?
hello,

I must replace my disck seagate by a new disck sansumg, because
to many disc error on segate, i was clone disc seagage to disc samsung,
after and i restart on my new disc, my old one is removed.

But Vista ask new activation, problem it tell my key product is already
created, how can i do.

new disc = buy new vista licence ?

that is little bit hard.

Thanks for your information

Regards

Bruce Chambers

Re: disk replacement, vista ask new activation ?
Jean-Pierre Bordenave wrote:
> hello,
>
> I must replace my disck seagate by a new disck sansumg, because
> to many disc error on segate, i was clone disc seagage to disc samsung,
> after and i restart on my new disc, my old one is removed.
>
> But Vista ask new activation, problem it tell my key product is already
> created, how can i do.
>
> new disc = buy new vista licence ?

No, of course not.

Simply follow the on-screen instructions to activate via telephone.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Milhouse Van Houten

> Jean-Pierre Bordenave wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> I must replace my disck seagate by a new disck sansumg, because
>> to many disc error on segate, i was clone disc seagage to disc
>> samsung,
>> after and i restart on my new disc, my old one is removed.
>>
>> But Vista ask new activation, problem it tell my key product is already
>> created, how can i do.
>>
>> new disc = buy new vista licence ?
>>

> No, of course not.
>
> Simply follow the on-screen instructions to activate via telephone.

Yes, I just had to do that recently after changing both an HD and DVD. You
end up having to read something like a 40-digit code to an automated
attendant (no option to enter it via the phone keypad for some reason), and
then once someone comes online having to enter another extremely long code,
but all in all it's not bad.

Ghostrider

Milhouse Van Houten wrote:

> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@cable0ne.n3t> wrote in message
>
>> Jean-Pierre Bordenave wrote:
>>
>>> hello,
>>>
>>> I must replace my disck seagate by a new disck sansumg, because
>>> to many disc error on segate, i was clone disc seagage to disc
>>> samsung,
>>> after and i restart on my new disc, my old one is removed.
>>>
>>> But Vista ask new activation, problem it tell my key product is already
>>> created, how can i do.
>>>
>>> new disc = buy new vista licence ?
>>>

>> No, of course not.
>>
>> Simply follow the on-screen instructions to activate via telephone.

> Yes, I just had to do that recently after changing both an HD and DVD.
> You end up having to read something like a 40-digit code to an automated
> attendant (no option to enter it via the phone keypad for some reason),
> and then once someone comes online having to enter another extremely
> long code, but all in all it's not bad.

Correct...but ridiculous. One would have thought that Microsoft would
have come up with a better solution after all of the tribulations with
Windows XP through all of this rigamorole.

Ghostrider wrote:

> Correct...but ridiculous.

How so? The license had already been activated, and it's necessary to
determine that the second activation attempt isn't an attempt to
illegally install the license on a second machine. After all, it's not
at all normal or common to have to reinstall Windows so soon (< 120
days) after the initial installation and activation.

>One would have thought that Microsoft would
> have come up with a better solution after all of the tribulations with
> Windows XP through all of this rigamorole.

Why? It seems to be working exactly as designed.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Ghostrider

Bruce Chambers wrote:
> Ghostrider wrote:
>

>> Correct...but ridiculous.

> How so? The license had already been activated, and it's necessary
> to determine that the second activation attempt isn't an attempt to
> illegally install the license on a second machine. After all, it's not
> at all normal or common to have to reinstall Windows so soon (< 120
> days) after the initial installation and activation.
>
>> One would have thought that Microsoft would
>> have come up with a better solution after all of the tribulations with
>> Windows XP through all of this rigamorole.

> Why? It seems to be working exactly as designed.

That's the problem. No disagreement about WPA working as designed. So
did the Edsel.