Vista re-install question

jcameron4@hotmail.com

Vista re-install question
Greetings!

My family recently purchased a laptop from Circut City, and want to wipe the
hd clean, and start with a fresh install of vista. However, no windows disc
is included with the machine, but we have a liscense number for Vista
premium.

We DO NOT want to restore it to how CC sold it to us - that is what we are
trying to avoid. My question is, is there a legitimate venue to get a windows
Vista disc to reinstall, using our liscence number?
Bruce Chambers

Re: Vista re-install question
jcameron4@hotmail.com wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> My family recently purchased a laptop from Circut City, and want to wipe the
> hd clean, and start with a fresh install of vista. However, no windows disc
> is included with the machine, but we have a liscense number for Vista
> premium.
>
> We DO NOT want to restore it to how CC sold it to us - that is what we are
> trying to avoid. My question is, is there a legitimate venue to get a windows
> Vista disc to reinstall, using our liscence number?

Only from the computer manufacturer, unless you want to unnecessarily
purchase and entirely new license.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

jcameron4@hotmail.com

Re: Vista re-install question
So, id have to contact HP for a re-install disc is what your saying?
"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> jcameron4@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Greetings!
> >
> > My family recently purchased a laptop from Circut City, and want to wipe the
> > hd clean, and start with a fresh install of vista. However, no windows disc
> > is included with the machine, but we have a liscense number for Vista
> > premium.
> >
> > We DO NOT want to restore it to how CC sold it to us - that is what we are
> > trying to avoid. My question is, is there a legitimate venue to get a windows
> > Vista disc to reinstall, using our liscence number?

> Only from the computer manufacturer, unless you want to unnecessarily
> purchase and entirely new license.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand Russell

Bruce Chambers

Re: Vista re-install question
jcameron4@hotmail.com wrote:
> So, id have to contact HP for a re-install disc is what your saying?

Yes.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Engel

RE: Vista re-install question
For Technical Support HP call 1-800-474-6836

Note – The Support for Hewllett-Packard transfer you to India :-( but if
you speak Spanish, you are better there. Select that option.

Be ready to pay $29.26. I pay for my Vista Home Premium Restore disks

Vista Home Premium Supp. 2 KIT-CD
Supplemental Recovery KIT_OTHER
Vuista Home Premium-Base KIT-CD
8x8 Clear Ziploc Bag BAG