ADOBE INSTALLATION

gkaves

ADOBE INSTALLATION
I own a toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium.I've decided to unistall
AcrobatReader v.7 and download and install the version 8.After downloading
the program and pressing the "Run" bottom in order to install it a windows
installer message appears and says that "The Temp folder is on a drive that
is full or is inaccessible.Free up space on the drive or verify that you have
write permission on the Tempp folder."My hard drive is almost empty(my laptop
is brand new)!!!I don't know what to do!
Conor

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION
In article <9D3613E5-C92E-481B-8DFC-4B7BE960845B@microsoft.com>, gkaves
says...
> I own a toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium.I've decided to unistall
> AcrobatReader v.7 and download and install the version 8.After downloading
> the program and pressing the "Run" bottom in order to install it a windows
> installer message appears and says that "The Temp folder is on a drive that
> is full or is inaccessible.Free up space on the drive or verify that you have
> write permission on the Tempp folder."My hard drive is almost empty(my laptop
> is brand new)!!!I don't know what to do!

Download the installer to your hard drive. Right click on the file and
select Run As Administrator.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
gkaves

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION

THANKS.....I'VE DONE IT BUT THE SAME MESSAGE APPEARS AGAIN!!!!THE ONLY USER
IS ADMINISTRATOR!
"Conor" wrote:

> In article <9D3613E5-C92E-481B-8DFC-4B7BE960845B@microsoft.com>, gkaves
> says...
> > I own a toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium.I've decided to unistall
> > AcrobatReader v.7 and download and install the version 8.After downloading
> > the program and pressing the "Run" bottom in order to install it a windows
> > installer message appears and says that "The Temp folder is on a drive that
> > is full or is inaccessible.Free up space on the drive or verify that you have
> > write permission on the Tempp folder."My hard drive is almost empty(my laptop
> > is brand new)!!!I don't know what to do!
> >

> Download the installer to your hard drive. Right click on the file and
> select Run As Administrator.
>
> --
> Conor
>
> Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
> until you hear them speak.........

Conor

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION
In article <DA0FA2D4-1806-423A-818A-8C4F391E3B13@microsoft.com>, gkaves
says...

> THANKS.....I'VE DONE IT BUT THE SAME MESSAGE APPEARS AGAIN!!!!THE ONLY USER
> IS ADMINISTRATOR!

It's irrelevent what the user account is set as.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
JimR

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION
"gkaves" <gkaves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I own a toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium.I've decided to unistall
> AcrobatReader v.7 and download and install the version 8.After downloading
> the program and pressing the "Run" bottom in order to install it a windows
> installer message appears and says that "The Temp folder is on a drive
> that
> is full or is inaccessible.Free up space on the drive or verify that you
> have
> write permission on the Tempp folder."My hard drive is almost empty(my
> laptop
> is brand new)!!!I don't know what to do!

If you have UAC turned off, turn it back on and the install should work.

--
Jim

Don

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION
gkaves wrote:
> I own a toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium.I've decided to unistall
> AcrobatReader v.7 and download and install the version 8.After downloading
> the program and pressing the "Run" bottom in order to install it a windows
> installer message appears and says that "The Temp folder is on a drive that
> is full or is inaccessible...

Have you disabled UAC? I believe Acrobat is one of those few programs
which actually need UAC to install properly.

Larry Maturo

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION
Actually, you can leave UAC turned off, and install it in XP compatibilty
mode. Either way works.

-- Larry Maturo

"Don" <don195702@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> gkaves wrote:
>> I own a toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium.I've decided to unistall
>> AcrobatReader v.7 and download and install the version 8.After
>> downloading the program and pressing the "Run" bottom in order to install
>> it a windows installer message appears and says that "The Temp folder is
>> on a drive that is full or is inaccessible...

> Have you disabled UAC? I believe Acrobat is one of those few programs
> which actually need UAC to install properly.

Milhouse Van Houten

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION
"Larry Maturo" <lmaturo@imceda.com> wrote in message
> Actually, you can leave UAC turned off, and install it in XP compatibilty
> mode. Either way works.

More on this most choosy of programs here:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2104588,00.asp

I avoided trouble because I "Run as admin" on everything I install, though I
find it a little ridiculous to do on an OS that supposedly makes things
easier.

gkaves

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION
THANKS A LOT!!!!!!YOU ARE RIGHT.UAC WAS THE PROBLEM.......

"JimR" wrote:

> "gkaves" <gkaves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I own a toshiba laptop with Vista Home Premium.I've decided to unistall
> > AcrobatReader v.7 and download and install the version 8.After downloading
> > the program and pressing the "Run" bottom in order to install it a windows
> > installer message appears and says that "The Temp folder is on a drive
> > that
> > is full or is inaccessible.Free up space on the drive or verify that you
> > have
> > write permission on the Tempp folder."My hard drive is almost empty(my
> > laptop
> > is brand new)!!!I don't know what to do!

> If you have UAC turned off, turn it back on and the install should work.
>
> --
> Jim

gkaves

Re: ADOBE INSTALLATION
THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!UAC WAS THE PROBLEM.......