Regional and Language problems getting Vista into English

esxman

Regional and Language problems getting Vista into English
Hi from Greece . I have a problem with a Targa Vista Home premium computer I bought here in Greece to replace my old computer .I felt confident the it would work in English because the box was written in English .However , when I booted it for the first time, it came up in Greek... my knowledge of technical Greek is very limited, so I spent happy hours trying to get it into English .I eventually admitted defeat and called Targa, who explained the o/s was Greek only but I could buy an English recovery disk , but would loose some of the features , because it would be installed alongside the kernelled Greek o/s. My question is this , how can I transfer the English language portion over to the Greek kernelled operating system , it doesnt contain that item , it goes thru the motions of accepting a language change , but on re-boot defaults back into Greek .

thanks esxman .

Badger

Re: Regional and Language problems getting Vista into English
From what you told us, it looks like you will have to purchase a full retail
version of Windows.
You should be able to create a dual boot system if you want to keep the
Greek version, or you can start with a clean disk and install an English
version.

Usually the recover disk can only be used on an original/same language
already installed.
Windows 7 is the latest version and works much better than previous
versions.

Good luck,
Badger

"esxman" wrote in message news:eqZol0w3KHA.3580@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi from Greece . I have a problem with a Targa Vista Home premium computer
> I bought here in Greece to replace my old computer .I felt confident the
> it would work in English because the box was written in English .However ,
> when I booted it for the first time, it came up in Greek... my knowledge
> of technical Greek is very limited, so I spent happy hours trying to get
> it into English .I eventually admitted defeat and called Targa, who
> explained the o/s was Greek only but I could buy an English recovery disk
> , but would loose some of the features , because it would be installed
> alongside the kernelled Greek o/s. My question is this , how can I
> transfer the English language portion over to the Greek kernelled
> operating system , it doesnt contain that item , it goes thru the motions
> of accepting a language change , but on re-boot defaults back into Greek .
>
> thanks esxman .
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

esxman

RE: Regional and Language problems getting Vista into English
Thanks Badger,
I thought it was beyond me! I had boot-up problems on Vista, so I ran the Repair section in the English DVD , it showed 2 o/systems so I got it to repair both , one after the other , as I didnt know which was mine and which was the Greek . I can now run either o/s .At least I am back online, thanks

Badger

Re: Regional and Language problems getting Vista into English
You're welcome,
Glad to see you were able to get your system running again,

Badger