Registry repair deleted startup

Ricka1130

Registry repair deleted startup
I did a registry repair on my acer aspire 5335 laptop before I could look at
the files before deleting my laptop restarted automatically I went to turn it
on and the screen came up saying launch startup repair or start windows
normally after choosing both options the screen comes up with a message
saying windows failed to start insert windows installation disc and only
those two screens back and fourth it doesnt go any where else I didnt have
the cds so I ordered them from acer inserted them pressed f10 like instructed
and same screens with same messages back and fourth with the same two screens
with or without cds can someone please help me
Curious

Re: Registry repair deleted startup
Did you boot from the installation and then select the repair installation
option after selecting the correct disk partition where you OS is?

"Ricka1130" <Ricka1130@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I did a registry repair on my acer aspire 5335 laptop before I could look
> at
> the files before deleting my laptop restarted automatically I went to turn
> it
> on and the screen came up saying launch startup repair or start windows
> normally after choosing both options the screen comes up with a message
> saying windows failed to start insert windows installation disc and only
> those two screens back and fourth it doesnt go any where else I didnt have
> the cds so I ordered them from acer inserted them pressed f10 like
> instructed
> and same screens with same messages back and fourth with the same two
> screens
> with or without cds can someone please help me

Shenan Stanley

Ricka1130 wrote:
> I did a registry repair on my acer aspire 5335 laptop before I
> could look at the files before deleting my laptop restarted
> automatically I went to turn it on and the screen came up saying
> launch startup repair or start windows normally after choosing both
> options the screen comes up with a message saying windows failed to
> start insert windows installation disc and only those two screens
> back and fourth it doesnt go any where else I didnt have the cds so
> I ordered them from acer inserted them pressed f10 like instructed
> and same screens with same messages back and fourth with the same
> two screens with or without cds can someone please help me

I tried to comprehend that - but there was no breaks, no indication of when
things changed/train of thoughts wandered. Punctuation actually *is*
useful, I suppose.

With *what* were you attempting to do a 'registry repair' and whom gave you
the advice that this would fix whatever issue you were having?

Sounds like you are trying to restore the system to how it was the day you
purchased it (with the restoration media you ordered from Acer) - they
should be able to assist you with this. Have you contacted Acer about how
to utilize the CDs to start over?

By the way - how current were your backups? How much will you be losing?
(Curiosity question.)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP