Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility

Roger Stenson

Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility
Hi all
We use a Vista system to display the running results in our bridge club on a
web page. The system has two screens,, one showing the control page for the
bridge results system, the other showing the running results for the event
as a web page.

In the power settings if have selected "Never" against turn off the display.
In spite of that the both screens are blacked out for long periods in spite
of the fact that the results software is polling a wireless server every
minute and updating the control screen and simultaneously refreshing the
results screen

I would be grateful if some one could help me by advising me what other set
up features I have to examine to ensure that the two screens are never
blacked out

Roger Stenson

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Re: Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility

"Roger Stenson" <roger@stensons.org.u> wrote in message
> Hi all
> We use a Vista system to display the running results in our bridge
> club on a web page. The system has two screens,, one showing the
> control page for the bridge results system, the other showing the
> running results for the event as a web page.
>
> In the power settings if have selected "Never" against turn off the
> display. In spite of that the both screens are blacked out for long
> periods in spite of the fact that the results software is polling a
> wireless server every minute and updating the control screen and
> simultaneously refreshing the results screen
>
> I would be grateful if some one could help me by advising me what
> other set up features I have to examine to ensure that the two
> screens are never blacked out

Could you have the "Blank Screen" screen saver set up perhaps?

--
Zaphod

Voted "Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the Known Universe" for seven
years in a row.

Andrew Murray

Re: Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility

I can think of three other possible situation that causes this:

1) Have you left the "Put Computer to Sleep" option on?

2) Make sure your screen saver is not set to "blank screen" (or any
screensaver for that matter)

3) Check for any third-party power management utility - often included in
laptops from Dell, HP, Acer etc and make sure they are not set to turn the
computer to sleep/hibernate etc

> Hi all
> We use a Vista system to display the running results in our bridge club on
> a web page. The system has two screens,, one showing the control page for
> the bridge results system, the other showing the running results for the
> event as a web page.
>
> In the power settings if have selected "Never" against turn off the
> display. In spite of that the both screens are blacked out for long
> periods in spite of the fact that the results software is polling a
> wireless server every minute and updating the control screen and
> simultaneously refreshing the results screen
>
> I would be grateful if some one could help me by advising me what other
> set up features I have to examine to ensure that the two screens are
> never blacked out
>
> Roger Stenson

Bill Kearney

Re: Setting the System Up for Permanent Screen Visibility
Make sure the monitors themselves don't have any power saving features
either, or that it's disabled.

When you say the computer is actively updating the results, what sort of
application is being used for this? A web page? Or an actual application?