black screen after windows logo with movable cursor

carm077

black screen after windows logo with movable cursor

Hi everyone. My computer is encountering a black screen with a movable
cursor after the windows logo on start up and I have no idea what is
causing this. When I start from safe mode (safe mode, safe mode with cmd
prompt) it does the same thing.

One thing that I've noticed is that when I run it in safe mode it stops
at crcdisk and continues on to the black screen.

I have no idea what could be causing this, so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

--
carm077
TheDuck

Re: black screen after windows logo with movable cursor
You have a hard drive issue reading the SATA hard drive. What started the
problem? I had it on an upgrade when windows was not loading a driver needed
for the SATA drives.

"carm077" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi everyone. My computer is encountering a black screen with a movable
> cursor after the windows logo on start up and I have no idea what is
> causing this. When I start from safe mode (safe mode, safe mode with cmd
> prompt) it does the same thing.
>
> One thing that I've noticed is that when I run it in safe mode it stops
> at crcdisk and continues on to the black screen.
>
> I have no idea what could be causing this, so any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> carm077

carm077

Re: black screen after windows logo with movable cursor

Yesterday I was cleaning up my computer (deleting programs, files, etc)
and it was fine. It wasn't till this morning when I turned it on that I
encountered this black screen. It's right after the login screen but
instead of going to my desktop it goes to a black screen with a movable
cursor. Ctr+Alt+Del or Ctr+Shift+Esc don't work either.

The weird thing is that I'm on my laptop now but I can connect to that
computer (the one with the problem) via my network. When it's on the
black screen I can connect to it and take files (I have file sharing on)
which makes me think its not a hard drive problem.

Worst comes to worst I can reformat seeing as I have all my important
files from it but I'm trying to avoid that.

--
carm077
Curious

Re: black screen after windows logo with movable cursor
Yes the hard drive on you desktop is working or you would not have black
screen with the cursor.
The problem is that the OS on it appears to be corrupt and therefore it will
not complete the boot process.
Since your post does not include your past posts in this thread I do not
know what OS your are running.
Depending on the OS you may be able to run a repair install booting the
installation disk from the systems optical drive.

> Yesterday I was cleaning up my computer (deleting programs, files, etc)
> and it was fine. It wasn't till this morning when I turned it on that I
> encountered this black screen. It's right after the login screen but
> instead of going to my desktop it goes to a black screen with a movable
> cursor. Ctr+Alt+Del or Ctr+Shift+Esc don't work either.
>
> The weird thing is that I'm on my laptop now but I can connect to that
> computer (the one with the problem) via my network. When it's on the
> black screen I can connect to it and take files (I have file sharing on)
> which makes me think its not a hard drive problem.
>
> Worst comes to worst I can reformat seeing as I have all my important
> files from it but I'm trying to avoid that.
>

> --
> carm077

Al

Re: black screen after windows logo with movable cursor
Consider trying Safe Mode and running System Restore.
carm077

Re: black screen after windows logo with movable cursor

I'm running windows vista ultimate (64 bit)

--
carm077