Grouping Desktop Icons

Jen Boston

Grouping Desktop Icons

Before I had to re-install Windows Vista, I had a function that grouped
desktop icons into a vertical 'column' on the left of the screen, with
sections headed 'Communicate', 'Office', 'Connect' etc.; by clicking on
these top headings, I could access the set of 2 or 3 shortcuts falling
under each heading, which was a very handy way of grouping shortcut
icons and looked neat. With my newly installed Vista, I can't seem to
find this, and I can't find anything about it online - please help!

--
Jen Boston
PvdG42

Re: Grouping Desktop Icons

"Jen Boston" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Before I had to re-install Windows Vista, I had a function that grouped
> desktop icons into a vertical 'column' on the left of the screen, with
> sections headed 'Communicate', 'Office', 'Connect' etc.; by clicking on
> these top headings, I could access the set of 2 or 3 shortcuts falling
> under each heading, which was a very handy way of grouping shortcut
> icons and looked neat. With my newly installed Vista, I can't seem to
> find this, and I can't find anything about it online - please help!
>

> --
> Jen Boston

A quick (your favorite) search engine search for "desktop icon manager for
Vista" provide many hits, like this one.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop...-Manager.shtml

Try your own search.

Jen Boston

Re: Grouping Desktop Icons

Thanks, PvdG42,
I was hoping to retrieve the set-up that I had when I originally
installed Vista, which was not a downloaded icon manager but something
that came included.
If I can't find this though, searching online is a good idea.
Jen.

--
Jen Boston
OldHand

Re: Grouping Desktop Icons
Of course, you wouldn't expect M$ to provide such an obviously useful
facility for free...