Vist activation key

Jonathan Crawford

Vist activation key
Hi

I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.

I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
is anyway i can get hold of this.

Kind regards

jc

Rick Rogers

Re: Vist activation key
Hi,

Follow the links and steps outlined here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jonathan Crawford" <jc@jcrawford.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23kkw%230%23oKHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl.. .
> Hi
>
> I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
> They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
> sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.
>
> I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
> and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
> is anyway i can get hold of this.
>
> Kind regards
>
> jc

DL

Re: Vist activation key
The link posted will not help as its an oem version, MS does not support oem
versions.
You are basically screwed, you should have used a key finder before you
reinstalled

"Jonathan Crawford" <jc@jcrawford.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23kkw%230%23oKHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl.. .
> Hi
>
> I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
> They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
> sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.
>
> I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
> and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
> is anyway i can get hold of this.
>
> Kind regards
>
> jc

LVTravel

Re: Vist activation key

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> The link posted will not help as its an oem version, MS does not support
> oem versions.
> You are basically screwed, you should have used a key finder before you
> reinstalled
>
> "Jonathan Crawford" <jc@jcrawford.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:%23kkw%230%23oKHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl.. .
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
>> They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
>> sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.
>>
>> I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
>> and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
>> is anyway i can get hold of this.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> jc

DL, I think you may be wrong on this one. MS will support some OEM systems
if the OEM is no longer in business as the link that Rick gave states about
1/2 way down the page. The OP said that the company is not in business any
longer.

Andrew Murray

Re: Vist activation key
That's a good one: "My Dog ate my Product Key".

I suggest you contact the computer supplier you purchased from - since they
supply the OEM Windows disk/product key; you will need your receipt/proof of
purchase handy.

Perhaps you can get another OEM copy (with new key) - for a nominal charge
fee I would assume and not perhaps without a hardware purchase because OEM
Windows should only be supplier with a new computer (usually) or other
significant hardware purchase (motherboard / processor, hard drive etc).

> Hi
>
> I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
> They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
> sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.
>
> I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
> and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
> is anyway i can get hold of this.
>
> Kind regards
>
> jc

Andrew Murray

Re: Vist activation key
I missed the part about the company going under.

I suppose you can purchase another OEM copy from any supplier - along with a
hardware purchase as mentioned below, unless MS can help, I don't know.

In Australia, OEM Windows is usually only supplied with New PC's - in the US
or elsewhere this might be different.

"Andrew Murray" <admurray.antispam@nospam.iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> That's a good one: "My Dog ate my Product Key".
>
> I suggest you contact the computer supplier you purchased from - since
> they supply the OEM Windows disk/product key; you will need your
> receipt/proof of purchase handy.
>
> Perhaps you can get another OEM copy (with new key) - for a nominal charge
> fee I would assume and not perhaps without a hardware purchase because OEM
> Windows should only be supplier with a new computer (usually) or other
> significant hardware purchase (motherboard / processor, hard drive etc).
>

> "Jonathan Crawford" <jc@jcrawford.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
>> They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
>> sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.
>>
>> I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
>> and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
>> is anyway i can get hold of this.
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> jc

Rick Rogers

Re: Vist activation key
Precisely why I posted it.

--

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message

> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
>> The link posted will not help as its an oem version, MS does not support
>> oem versions.
>> You are basically screwed, you should have used a key finder before you
>> reinstalled
>>
>> "Jonathan Crawford" <jc@jcrawford.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:%23kkw%230%23oKHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl.. .
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a Vista machine I bought from Evesham a couple ago years ago.
>>> They have since gone bust. My Jack Russell, when he was a puppy used to
>>> sit on the top of the pc and one day chewed off the activation code.
>>>
>>> I had to reinstall vista from the disk supplied by evesham last month
>>> and it is now asking for the activation code. I was wondering if there
>>> is anyway i can get hold of this.
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> jc
>>>

> DL, I think you may be wrong on this one. MS will support some OEM
> systems if the OEM is no longer in business as the link that Rick gave
> states about 1/2 way down the page. The OP said that the company is not
> in business any longer.

richc46

Re: Vist activation key

Rick Rogers;1223924 Wrote:
> Precisely why I posted it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/)
> Windows help - 'www.rickrogers.org' (http://www.rickrogers.org)
>
> "LVTravel" <none@newsgroup> wrote in message
> news:%23AEFoiFpKHA.1544@newsgroup> > >
> > >
> > > "DL" <notvalid@newsgroup> wrote in message
> > > news:#AbYLfCpKHA.5520@newsgroup> > > > >
> > > support
> > > you

> > > DL, I think you may be wrong on this one. MS will support some

> > OEM
> > > systems if the OEM is no longer in business as the link that Rick

> > gave
> > > states about 1/2 way down the page. The OP said that the company

> > is not
> > > in business any longer. > >

This may work

'Magical Jelly Bean Software - Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v2.0.1'
(http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/)

--
richc46

RICHARD
*If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation, by
clicking the middle icon, on the upper right portion of your screen.*
*Before you take my advice make a System Restore point.*
DL

Re: Vist activation key
Woops, my Bad

> Precisely why I posted it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> The link posted will not help as its an oem version, MS does not support
>>> oem versions.
>>> You are basically screwed, you should have used a key finder before you
>>> reinstalled
>>>
>>> "Jonathan Crawford" <jc@jcrawford.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> news:%23kkw%230%23oKHA.5224@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl.. .

>> DL, I think you may be wrong on this one. MS will support some OEM
>> systems if the OEM is no longer in business as the link that Rick gave
>> states about 1/2 way down the page. The OP said that the company is not
>> in business any longer.

David B.

Re: Vist activation key
No it won't, there's nothing to retrieve on a fresh install.