Installing Vista SP2 32bit

JamesJ

Installing Vista SP2 32bit
I want to manually install Vista Service Pack 2 32 bit.
My installation disk is Vista Basic with SP1.

Is the only prerequisite to install SP2 is to have Vista Service Pack 1
installed?

Thanks,
James

PvdG42

Re: Installing Vista SP2 32bit

"JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> I want to manually install Vista Service Pack 2 32 bit.
> My installation disk is Vista Basic with SP1.
>
> Is the only prerequisite to install SP2 is to have Vista Service Pack 1
> installed?
>
> Thanks,
> James

To have control, try this. Install your Vista Basic SP1. Set up Windows
Update to notify you of available updates, but *not* to automatically
install. Install everything *except* SP2, then manually install SP2.

richc46

JamesJ;1220904 Wrote:
> I want to manually install Vista Service Pack 2 32 bit.
> My installation disk is Vista Basic with SP1.
>
> Is the only prerequisite to install SP2 is to have Vista Service Pack 1
> installed?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Everything that has been issued since SP1 is in the SP2 package, with
the exception of possibly the last few updates. You should be ok
installing SP2. In this case as in every case, make a system restore
point, first just in case.

--
richc46

RICHARD
*If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation, by
clicking the middle icon, on the upper right portion of your screen.*
*Before you take my advice make a System Restore point.*
JamesJ

Re: Installing Vista SP2 32bit
I'll use the Format option in Vista Basic w/sp1.
The first thing I always do is set the AutoUpdates to notify.
Will sp2 be a seperate update from the rest?
I don't recall.

I've already downloaded the sp2 file.
I'm doing this because i'd rather not install any anti-malware software
until sp2 is installed.
Does this make sense?

James

"PvdG42" <pvdg42@toadstool.edu> wrote in message

> "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> I want to manually install Vista Service Pack 2 32 bit.
>> My installation disk is Vista Basic with SP1.
>>
>> Is the only prerequisite to install SP2 is to have Vista Service Pack 1
>> installed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James

> To have control, try this. Install your Vista Basic SP1. Set up Windows
> Update to notify you of available updates, but *not* to automatically
> install. Install everything *except* SP2, then manually install SP2.

JamesJ

Re: Installing Vista SP2 32bit
I always seem to forget to make a system restore point prior to these major
updates.
Hopefully i'll remember this time.

Thanks,
James

JamesJ;1220999 Wrote:
> I always seem to forget to make a system restore point prior to these
> major
> updates.
> Hopefully i'll remember this time.
>
> Thanks,
> James
>
> "richc46" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
> news:d9a74bd9516d3ff761e402fa384becad@newsgroup-gateway.com...> > >

> > > Pack 1

> > > Everything that has been issued since SP1 is in the SP2 package,

> > with
> > > the exception of possibly the last few updates. You should be ok
> > > installing SP2. In this case as in every case, make a system

> > restore
> > > point, first just in case.
> > >

> > > --
> > > richc46
> > >
> > > RICHARD
> > > *If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation,

> > by
> > > clicking the middle icon, on the upper right portion of your

> > screen.*
> > > *Before you take my advice make a System Restore point.* > >

If you are like me and tend to forget things that you intended to do;
go to task scheduler and make sure that system restore is set to make an
update at least once a week.
Just type task scheduler in search. Then on the left click on the
little pyramids, to open the tree. You will see system restore.

> I'll use the Format option in Vista Basic w/sp1.
> The first thing I always do is set the AutoUpdates to notify.
> Will sp2 be a seperate update from the rest?
> I don't recall.

IIRC, yes.