Vista Ultimate Messing with BIOS?

thereverend

Vista Ultimate Messing with BIOS?

About 6 months ago I got a windows update labeled "Microsoft .NET
frameworkd 1.1 Service pack 1 Security Update for windows" every time i
apply this update it changes my boot order in BIOS to REMOVEABLE DEVICE
and then when i fix this and get back into Vista it shows the update as
ava. again for download. I was wondering if anyone has had this very
same problem and how you get rid of this update. I have tried to uncheck
the update but it stays there untill you do it and when you do it , it
keeps screwing with the bios. Please reply.. I need to get rid of this
without Formatting the hard drive and re-installing windows and i dont
feel that this would even help the problem.

--
thereverend
richc46

Re: Vista Ultimate Messing with BIOS?

thereverend;1219831 Wrote:
> About 6 months ago I got a windows update labeled "Microsoft .NET
> frameworkd 1.1 Service pack 1 Security Update for windows" every time i
> apply this update it changes my boot order in BIOS to REMOVEABLE DEVICE
> and then when i fix this and get back into Vista it shows the update as
> ava. again for download. I was wondering if anyone has had this very
> same problem and how you get rid of this update. I have tried to uncheck
> the update but it stays there untill you do it and when you do it , it
> keeps screwing with the bios. Please reply.. I need to get rid of this
> without Formatting the hard drive and re-installing windows and i dont
> feel that this would even help the problem.

You could hide the update. I do not currently have a computer with
Vista, but I found this information. If you hide, it should not be a
problem.

'_http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2046/vista_update_how_to_hide_update_'
(http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2046/...o_hide_update/)

--
richc46

RICHARD
*If I have helped you in any way, please show your appreciation, by
clicking the middle icon, on the upper right portion of your screen.*
*Before you take my advice make a System Restore point.*
DL

Re: Vista Ultimate Messing with BIOS?
I dont believe any software update can alter the Bios settings, the bios is
not accessable whilst the PC is running, the bios is accessed before win is
loaded.
If you install the update, then reboot, then run MS Update does it report
that the Net Framework update has failed?