dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160

Jozef Uhliarik

dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
I have Toshiba notebook with Vista. I need to connect HP LaserJet 1160
printer. My notebook doesn't detect the printer. How can I install dot4 port
on the notebook?

Opinicus

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:34:09 +0100, "Jozef Uhliarik"
<jozef_uhliarik@inmail.sk> wrote:

> I have Toshiba notebook with Vista. I need to connect HP LaserJet 1160
> printer. My notebook doesn't detect the printer. How can I install dot4port
> on the notebook?

My experience with HP printers is that you must install the software
(drivers etc) BEFORE attaching the printer. Did you attach this
printer before installing the software?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com
Curious

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
have you downloaded and installed a Vista driver for your printer model from
the HP.com website?

"Jozef Uhliarik" <jozef_uhliarik@inmail.sk> wrote in message
> I have Toshiba notebook with Vista. I need to connect HP LaserJet 1160
> printer. My notebook doesn't detect the printer. How can I install dot4
> port
> on the notebook?

Curious

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
Here are results from a Bing search which may help you also.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=dot4+us...t4&sp=1&sc=8-4

"Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote in message
> have you downloaded and installed a Vista driver for your printer model
> from the HP.com website?
>
> "Jozef Uhliarik" <jozef_uhliarik@inmail.sk> wrote in message
>> I have Toshiba notebook with Vista. I need to connect HP LaserJet 1160
>> printer. My notebook doesn't detect the printer. How can I install dot4
>> port
>> on the notebook?

Jozef Uhliarik

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
I need concrete help. I have tested many ways but I am allways missing USB
or DOT4 port.

"Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> napísal v správe
> Here are results from a Bing search which may help you also.
>
> http://www.bing.com/search?q=dot4+us...t4&sp=1&sc=8-4
>
> "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote in message
>> have you downloaded and installed a Vista driver for your printer model
>> from the HP.com website?
>>
>> "Jozef Uhliarik" <jozef_uhliarik@inmail.sk> wrote in message
>>> I have Toshiba notebook with Vista. I need to connect HP LaserJet 1160
>>> printer. My notebook doesn't detect the printer. How can I install dot4
>>> port
>>> on the notebook?

R. C. White

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
Hi, Jozef.

Since you need "concrete help", please supply some "concrete answers" to the
questions you have been asked:

Opinicus asked, " Did you attach this printer before installing the
software?"

Curious asked, "have you downloaded and installed a Vista driver for your
printer model from the HP.com website?"

So far as I can see, you did not answer either of those.

Remember, we are all volunteers here, not employees of either Microsoft,
Toshiba or Hewlett-Packard. If you need more help that we can provide then
you will need to contact Tech Support at those companies.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

> I need concrete help. I have tested many ways but I am allways missing USB
> or DOT4 port.
>
> "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> napísal v správe
>> Here are results from a Bing search which may help you also.
>>
>> http://www.bing.com/search?q=dot4+us...t4&sp=1&sc=8-4
>>
>> "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote in message
>>> have you downloaded and installed a Vista driver for your printer model
>>> from the HP.com website?

Jozef Uhliarik

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
Yes, I install driver before attaching the printer.

"Opinicus" <gezgin@spamcop.net.which.is.not.invalid> napísal v správe
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:34:09 +0100, "Jozef Uhliarik"
<jozef_uhliarik@inmail.sk> wrote:

> I have Toshiba notebook with Vista. I need to connect HP LaserJet 1160
> printer. My notebook doesn't detect the printer. How can I install dot4
> port
> on the notebook?

My experience with HP printers is that you must install the software
(drivers etc) BEFORE attaching the printer. Did you attach this
printer before installing the software?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Jozef Uhliarik

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
Excuse me. You are right.

"R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> napísal v správe
> Hi, Jozef.
>
> Since you need "concrete help", please supply some "concrete answers" to
> the questions you have been asked:
>
> Opinicus asked, " Did you attach this printer before installing the
> software?"
>
> Curious asked, "have you downloaded and installed a Vista driver for your
> printer model from the HP.com website?"
>
> So far as I can see, you did not answer either of those.
>
> Remember, we are all volunteers here, not employees of either Microsoft,
> Toshiba or Hewlett-Packard. If you need more help that we can provide
> then you will need to contact Tech Support at those companies.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@grandecom.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Jozef Uhliarik" <jozef_uhliarik@inmail.sk> wrote in message
>> I need concrete help. I have tested many ways but I am allways missing
>> USB or DOT4 port.
>>
>> "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> napísal v správe
>>> Here are results from a Bing search which may help you also.
>>>
>>> http://www.bing.com/search?q=dot4+us...t4&sp=1&sc=8-4

Jozef Uhliarik

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
Cabel was problem. HP chat support helped me.

"Jozef Uhliarik" <jozef_uhliarik@inmail.sk> napísal v správe
> Excuse me. You are right.
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> napísal v správe
>> Hi, Jozef.
>>
>> Since you need "concrete help", please supply some "concrete answers" to
>> the questions you have been asked:
>>
>> Opinicus asked, " Did you attach this printer before installing the
>> software?"
>>
>> Curious asked, "have you downloaded and installed a Vista driver for your
>> printer model from the HP.com website?"
>>
>> So far as I can see, you did not answer either of those.
>>
>> Remember, we are all volunteers here, not employees of either Microsoft,
>> Toshiba or Hewlett-Packard. If you need more help that we can provide
>> then you will need to contact Tech Support at those companies.
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@grandecom.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>> Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64
>>
>> "Jozef Uhliarik" <jozef_uhliarik@inmail.sk> wrote in message
>>> I need concrete help. I have tested many ways but I am allways missing
>>> USB or DOT4 port.
>>>
>>> "Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> napísal v správe

R. C. White

Re: dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160
Hi, Jozef.

I'm glad you got it working. And thanks for the feedback. That's
information that someone else can probably use.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX