Error code 0x80070005 for upgrading Vista to 7

Lockeyphage is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Error code 0x80070005 for upgrading Vista to 7
I've been trying to upgrade my Vista to Windows 7 but I keep getting the error message mentions on the title.
I tried to look online at what this means and it could be a number of things apparently, although I thought it was to do with security. I've tried turing all my security off (via the Control Panel) but that doesn't seem to have worked.
Please could someone show me light of my wrong doings!

Thanks!
Andrew Murray

Re: Error code 0x80070005 for upgrading Vista to 7

"Lockeyphage" <Lockeyphage.44dpod@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:Lockeyphage.44dpod@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> I've been trying to upgrade my Vista to Windows 7 but I keep getting the
> error message mentions on the title.
> I tried to look online at what this means and it could be a number of
> things apparently, although I thought it was to do with security. I've
> tried turing all my security off (via the Control Panel) but that
> doesn't seem to have worked.
> Please could someone show me light of my wrong doings!
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Lockeyphage

This forum may provide the solution for you:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...5-55ddd5aadcea

What internet security programs do you use? "Security" in this case means
things like Anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware etc - but when you say you
turned security off via control panel, this to me suggest you've disabled
the User Access Control (UAC) which is not likely to solve the issue as far
as installing Windows 7 is concerned.

One other suggestion (if you're not already doing it), remove all
un-necessary peripherals and expansion cards, so that your system is
bare-minimum will give it the best chance of installing, and then you can
troubleshoot for hardware compatibility one at a time, and obtain the
drivers as necessary.

Lockeyphage is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Error code 0x80070005 for upgrading Vista to 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Murray View Post
"Lockeyphage" <Lockeyphage.44dpod@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:Lockeyphage.44dpod@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...[color=blue]

> I've been trying to upgrade my Vista to Windows 7 but I keep getting the
> error message mentions on the title.
> I tried to look online at what this means and it could be a number of
> things apparently, although I thought it was to do with security. I've
> tried turing all my security off (via the Control Panel) but that
> doesn't seem to have worked.
> Please could someone show me light of my wrong doings!
>
> Thanks!
>

> --
> Lockeyphage

This forum may provide the solution for you:
Error 0x80070005 when upgrading to windows 7 from vista

What internet security programs do you use? "Security" in this case means
things like Anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware etc - but when you say you
turned security off via control panel, this to me suggest you've disabled
the User Access Control (UAC) which is not likely to solve the issue as far
as installing Windows 7 is concerned.

One other suggestion (if you're not already doing it), remove all
un-necessary peripherals and expansion cards, so that your system is
bare-minimum will give it the best chance of installing, and then you can
troubleshoot for hardware compatibility one at a time, and obtain the
drivers as necessary.
Dear Andrew,

Thanks for trying to help, although I'm still having problems. The message I get is "Windows was unable to create a required installation folder"... along with the same error code as stated previously.
I don't get it was I'm basically following the same steps with my MacPro laptop as I did with my other Mac. I need to use 'Access' and other PC-based software so I had to partition my (new) Macs and convert part of them to PCs.
My MacPro works well as a PC after partitioning but I'd rather have Windows 7 installed rather than Vista.
If anyone can give me any other tips I'd be grateful!