Not recognising hard disk on Vista or 7 install

Wedged

Not recognising hard disk on Vista or 7 install
Am reinstalling Windows Vista after a virus infected my PC. I am reinstalling vista but after booting from DVD Vista does not recognise my SATA hard disk on the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen. There are no issues with the hard disk and this happened once before but I can't remember how I solved this.  My problem is the Vista installer not recognising my hard disk so I can install Vista. I have an Alienware pc with hitachi deskstar hard disk and asus a8n-sli deluxe motherboard. I have to reinstall as a virus has caused my windows explorer to malfunction and it also installed a trojan which stole my key. I have tried a couple of ASUS raid drivers via a usb hard disk with no luck. We can't find any appropriate hitachi drivers. I think this is related to the hard disk controller? Any ideas?

andy

Re: Not recognising hard disk on Vista or 7 install
The board has the nForce4 and SiI3114 SATA interfaces. Which one are
you using?

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:04:08 -0800, Wedged wrote:

>Am reinstalling Windows Vista after a virus infected my PC. I am reinstalling vista but after booting from DVD Vista does not recognise my SATA hard disk on the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen. There are no issues with the hard disk and this happened once before but I can't remember how I solved this.  My problem is the Vista installer not recognising my hard disk so I can install Vista. I have an Alienware pc with hitachi deskstar hard disk and asus a8n-sli deluxe motherboard. I have to reinstall as a virus has caused my windows explorer to malfunction and it also installed a trojan which stole my key. I have tried a couple of ASUS raid drivers via a usb hard disk with no luck. We can't find any appropriate hitachi drivers. I think this is related to the hard disk controller? Any ideas?
>

>Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Wedged

RE: Not recognising hard disk on Vista or 7 install
Not sure Andy. How can I check?

andy

Re: Not recognising hard disk on Vista or 7 install
The four SATA connectors closest to the edge of the motherboard are
from the nForce4 controller. Those should not require any driver.

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:05:17 -0800, Wedged wrote:

>Not sure Andy. How can I check?
>

>Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Curious

Re: Not recognising hard disk on Vista or 7 install
Wedged,
Just make sure that your primary HDD is plugged into the connector marked as
SATA #1.

newshjck5dficr64s099316cmkdniv29etddd@4ax.com...