Windows Update not working in the least

lordcomp4623

Windows Update not working in the least

Hi.

I need help with this. I haven't update my computer since I got it
which was in 2007. I have the updates on automatic, and the system
itself looks for updates every morning at 9:00 AM. For the past weeks
everyday I've gone to Windows Updates and clicked "Install Updates" but
every time it gives me an error saying "Some updates were not installed"
And out of 30 recommended updates and 2 optional, only the two optional
ones installed. I went to Microsoft.com and I tried several things.

I tried downloading the Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista. I did that
and it says that it doesn't work because of an internal error. It then
provides a link which sends me to here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947366

There is a list of things to do. I did number one, which is to download
the Service Pack manually and install it. This gave me the same problem
and sent me back to the same page. I tried the second option which was
to download the System Update Readiness Tool.

I followed what it said and all. When I finished installing the System
Update Readiness Tool, I ran it and restarted my computer. The
installation completed succesfully and then I restarted my computer. I
then tried again to install the Service Pack 1 manually. The same error
ocurred.

The other directions are to take off the firewalls and let the computer
open up to the web. Is there ANY other solutions? So i can finally get
all the updates I need, all the Service Packs available, and get my
computer up to date?

--
lordcomp4623
lordcomp4623's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170280.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

TheDuck

Re: Windows Update not working in the least
It would help if you gave us all the failure indications. Also download and
run Belarc Advisor and it will list the status of all fixes.