Where configure network adapters in Windows 7 Starter Edition

Bill

Where configure network adapters in Windows 7 Starter Edition
Since there are no Windows 7 newsgroups I hope my post is appropriate
here. If not, please let me know where I should post Win7 questions.

I have a new Dell netbook running Windows 7 Starter Edition. I need to
configure a hard wired network connection using a static IP address and
I can not find where to do so. What I am looking for is the equivalent
of Control Panel | Network Connections in XP. Thanks.

--
..Bill.
kword88

Re: Where configure network adapters in Windows 7 Starter Edition

control panel - network and internet - network and sharing center -
change adapter settings (from the text menu on the left) make sure to
click the title of each category.

--
kword88
DL

Re: Where configure network adapters in Windows 7 Starter Edition
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...y/windowsvista

"Bill" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Since there are no Windows 7 newsgroups I hope my post is appropriate
> here. If not, please let me know where I should post Win7 questions.
>
> I have a new Dell netbook running Windows 7 Starter Edition. I need to
> configure a hard wired network connection using a static IP address and
> I can not find where to do so. What I am looking for is the equivalent
> of Control Panel | Network Connections in XP. Thanks.
>
> --
> .Bill.

DL

Re: Where configure network adapters in Windows 7 Starter Edition
woops
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...egory/windows7

"Bill" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Since there are no Windows 7 newsgroups I hope my post is appropriate
> here. If not, please let me know where I should post Win7 questions.
>
> I have a new Dell netbook running Windows 7 Starter Edition. I need to
> configure a hard wired network connection using a static IP address and
> I can not find where to do so. What I am looking for is the equivalent
> of Control Panel | Network Connections in XP. Thanks.
>
> --
> .Bill.

Curious

Re: Where configure network adapters in Windows 7 Starter Edition
You may have to select Classic mode to see all of the individual control
panel options when using Win7/

"kword88" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> control panel - network and internet - network and sharing center -
> change adapter settings (from the text menu on the left) make sure to
> click the title of each category.
>

> --
> kword88

Bill

Curious wrote:

> You may have to select Classic mode to see all of the individual
> control panel options when using Win7/

How? I do not see the word "Classic" anywhere in the Control Panel
window. Are you sure that option is available in the Starter Edition?
Thanks.

--
..Bill.
Bill

kword88 wrote:

> control panel - network and internet - network and sharing center -
> change adapter settings (from the text menu on the left) make sure to
> click the title of each category.

Thanks. I finally found it.

--
..Bill.