Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install

CarlB

Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install

Alright - So just a few days ago I was attempting to do a fresh install
using a disc my brother had.

I originally had Windows Vista Home but Business was all he had so that
is what I tried using, both 32-bit. I deleted all files thinking I would
just be able to install it and get it over with. So now I do not have
any operating system installed.

Everything works fine up to the point where it restarts and I get to
the Completing Installation (Last step) and it will run for a while on
that point and the screen will flicker twice and after a moment the
computer will lockup and then it will not go any further.

The computer I am using is an Acer Aspire 5515. Currently on a friends
computer so a quick response would be appreciated, I have tried almost
everything I can think of and would love some help.

Thanks in advance.

Simple explanation for someone who isn't extremely good with computers
please

--
CarlB
Rick Rogers

Re: Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install
Hi,

You need to use Acer's recovery software as it likely contains proprietary
drivers specific to your system that are not in the retail version of Vista.
The disks can be ordered here if you no longer have the originals or erased
the recovery volume on the system itself:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"CarlB" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Alright - So just a few days ago I was attempting to do a fresh install
> using a disc my brother had.
>
> I originally had Windows Vista Home but Business was all he had so that
> is what I tried using, both 32-bit. I deleted all files thinking I would
> just be able to install it and get it over with. So now I do not have
> any operating system installed.
>
> Everything works fine up to the point where it restarts and I get to
> the Completing Installation (Last step) and it will run for a while on
> that point and the screen will flicker twice and after a moment the
> computer will lockup and then it will not go any further.
>
> The computer I am using is an Acer Aspire 5515. Currently on a friends
> computer so a quick response would be appreciated, I have tried almost
> everything I can think of and would love some help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Simple explanation for someone who isn't extremely good with computers
> please
>

> --
> CarlB

CarlB

Re: Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install

Thanks for the reply!

I tried doing this but I didn't purchase this computer, my step father
did for me. So I do not know if he registered it or not.

The S/N is too worn off to read and i'm not sure how to locate the
SNID. (Whatever that is) And that is what the site requires.

Anything else I can do?

--
CarlB
Curious

Re: Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install
Did you use your Vista Home Product Key and not the Vista Business Product
Key belonging to your brother?

"CarlB" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Alright - So just a few days ago I was attempting to do a fresh install
> using a disc my brother had.
>
> I originally had Windows Vista Home but Business was all he had so that
> is what I tried using, both 32-bit. I deleted all files thinking I would
> just be able to install it and get it over with. So now I do not have
> any operating system installed.
>
> Everything works fine up to the point where it restarts and I get to
> the Completing Installation (Last step) and it will run for a while on
> that point and the screen will flicker twice and after a moment the
> computer will lockup and then it will not go any further.
>
> The computer I am using is an Acer Aspire 5515. Currently on a friends
> computer so a quick response would be appreciated, I have tried almost
> everything I can think of and would love some help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Simple explanation for someone who isn't extremely good with computers
> please
>

> --
> CarlB

CarlB

Re: Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install

I used the CD-Key that was with the Windows Business disc originally, Is
that bad?

I found the Serial number needed. I will think about ordering the
recovery disc soon.

--
CarlB
Curious

Re: Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install
You need to use your product key for your computer since that is what your
computer is licensed to.

> I used the CD-Key that was with the Windows Business disc originally, Is
> that bad?
>
> I found the Serial number needed. I will think about ordering the
> recovery disc soon.
>

> --
> CarlB

CarlB

Re: Unable to complete Windows Vista Business install

Problem Solved - Changed the HD type to Native or whatever in the BIOS
and deleted the Acer Recovery Partition and it worked

Thanks all who replied, you may close this thread.

--
CarlB