New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found

Zae88

New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found

I know you guys get this question alot, but after searching through the
forum posts and trying the various methods, still this obstacle remains.
Ok, I just bought a Gateway E-155 tablet online and it came with Vista
Ultimate 32 & 64bit versions. The person who I purchased it from said it
was already installed and ready to go. When I received the laptop today,
I turned it on and it said no OS installed.

I went through the procedures and arrived at the 'where do you want to
install Windows' part of installation which, of course, had no HD to
choose from. After researching the topic it seems that this is a common
problem. I decided to go to Gateway.com and downloaded all the drivers
and unzipped them and put them onto a USB drive and still it said 'no
drivers found'. Then I found a post that suggested going to Intel and
obtaining the SATA/RAID driver. After putting that onto the USB, tried
it again and it finally found a file (ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller)
but after it attempted to use it, said that still no driver was found.

One person suggested going into the BIOS and turning the 'RAID' on, but
I saw nothing of it on the SATA settings and so I adjusted those
settings, each one followed by reattempting to find the drivers...
nothing... Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the only
forum I've found so far where people are really discussing this matter.
Thanks alot!!!!

--
Zae88
Zae88's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/163118.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

kword88

Re: New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found

the first thing to do is contact the seller and find out if they removed
the operating systems (which is common, since you cant transfer
licenses)

does the computer have one or two hard drives? do they show up in the
BIOS? if so, you can disable RAID if each operating system is on its own
drive.

--
kword88
Dominic Payer

Re: New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found
The spec for the E-155 says it has only one hard disk, so you could not
use RAID. Your options could only be SATA configured as IDE, native SATA
or SATA AHCI: some of those options may not be present.

You should need no special drivers.

When booting the machine, go into the BIOS and check that it reports the
presence of a hard disk. I think that either there is no hard disk or
it, or its connection, has been damaged in transit to you. If a hard
disk is present test it with either its manufacturer's diagnostic
utility or the Gateway GWSCAN utility.

On 12/12/2009 08:16, Zae88 wrote:
> I know you guys get this question alot, but after searching through the
> forum posts and trying the various methods, still this obstacle remains.
> Ok, I just bought a Gateway E-155 tablet online and it came with Vista
> Ultimate 32& 64bit versions. The person who I purchased it from said it
> was already installed and ready to go. When I received the laptop today,
> I turned it on and it said no OS installed.
>
> I went through the procedures and arrived at the 'where do you want to
> install Windows' part of installation which, of course, had no HD to
> choose from. After researching the topic it seems that this is a common
> problem. I decided to go to Gateway.com and downloaded all the drivers
> and unzipped them and put them onto a USB drive and still it said 'no
> drivers found'. Then I found a post that suggested going to Intel and
> obtaining the SATA/RAID driver. After putting that onto the USB, tried
> it again and it finally found a file (ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller)
> but after it attempted to use it, said that still no driver was found.
>
> One person suggested going into the BIOS and turning the 'RAID' on, but
> I saw nothing of it on the SATA settings and so I adjusted those
> settings, each one followed by reattempting to find the drivers...
> nothing... Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the only
> forum I've found so far where people are really discussing this matter.
> Thanks alot!!!!

Zae88

Re: New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found

Thanks for the reply guys! Well, here is what it says in the BIOS under
boot priority... it contains...

1.IDE ODD: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-U10N-(
2.SATA HDD:
3.PCI DEV: IBA GE Slot 0200 v1232

When I go into the 'Main' tab of the BIOS '>SATA Port' is labeled as
'None' but when I press enter and go into the settings, and switch to
'Secondary Master' it shows 8455MB SATA1 and other stats of the HD. But
when I save and exit, of course it reverts back to 'none'. The GWSCAN
utility I have downloaded, but how would I go about running that. Do I
run the Windows installation and then find the option on the 'repair'
screen menu? Thanks again!!!

--
Zae88
Zae88's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/163118.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1281533.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Dominic Payer

Re: New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found
Your hard disk should be at least 80GB.

GWSCAN and the disk manufacturer's utilties must be run from a bootable
CD or floppy.

The downloaded files will either create bootable media or need to be
burned as images to suitable media.

On 12/12/2009 23:13, Zae88 wrote:
> Thanks for the reply guys! Well, here is what it says in the BIOS under
> boot priority... it contains...
>
> 1.IDE ODD: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-U10N-(
> 2.SATA HDD:
> 3.PCI DEV: IBA GE Slot 0200 v1232
>
> When I go into the 'Main' tab of the BIOS '>SATA Port' is labeled as
> 'None' but when I press enter and go into the settings, and switch to
> 'Secondary Master' it shows 8455MB SATA1 and other stats of the HD. But
> when I save and exit, of course it reverts back to 'none'. The GWSCAN
> utility I have downloaded, but how would I go about running that. Do I
> run the Windows installation and then find the option on the 'repair'
> screen menu? Thanks again!!!

Zae88

Re: New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found

I have been using Nero 9 to burn in the attempt to 'slipstream' the
drives in with an XP install which did nothing, lol... so....

1. When making a bootable cd with that GWSCAN and the utilities, do I
have the GWSCAN.exe as the main file and the utilities in subfolders, or
have all the files all in one main folder, or does it even matter what
order they are in?

&

2. Should I do this by booting the cd right when turning the computer
on or go through DOS?

--
Zae88
Zae88's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/163118.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1281533.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Zae88

Re: New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found

I put the GWSCAN.exe on disk and went into DOS and it said the version
wasn't compatible with this version of Windows. So I went back to
Gateway's site and downloaded the only other version the 3.15 version
and tried that and it said that the file is not a valid Win32
application. If DOS is able to run files, isn't there some way to
transfer over the drivers or run a driver setup???

:|

--
Zae88
Zae88's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/163118.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1281533.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Dominic Payer

Re: New Comp, Vista Ult 64bit, Startup SATA/RAID HD not found
The C:\cabs\GWSCAN512\read_me.txt file explains how to prepare your
media with various programs.

You need to burn the GWSCAN512.iso file as an image.