please help me my my windows media play doesn't work any more

yosra b is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
please help me my my windows media play doesn't work any more
hey everyone i have a great problem with my windows media player i a windows vista and i uninstalled my windows media player from my computer . i want to reinstall it again but i get always the same error you can't download this version of media player because you have already a more recent version. i now know that media player is a part of the system in windows vista and i'am afraid i had lost for ever . please help me i can't read neither videos nor listen to my favorite radios because they only use media player . i would reaaaaally appreciate any help
John Inzer

Re: please help me my my windows media play doesn't work any more
yosra b wrote:
> hey everyone i have a great problem with my windows media player i a
> windows vista and i uninstalled my windows media player from my
> computer i want to reinstall it again but i get always the same
> error you
> can't download this version of media player because you have already
> a more recent version. i now know that media player is a part of the
> system in windows vista and i'am afraid i had lost for ever . please
> help me i can't read neither videos nor listen to my favorite radios
> because they only use media player . i would reaaaaally appreciate
> any help

===================================
Have you tried doing a System Restore in Safe
Mode to a time before you uninstalled WMP?

Maybe the following article will help...

***Proceed at your own risk...and good luck***

How do I reinstall WMP on Vista?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#reinstallvista

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

yosra b is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: please help me my my windows media play doesn't work any more
i have tried to restore the system many times but the problem is that the computer can't give me an earlier point of restoration ( it's point of restoration is always a day before the modification) so it doesn't fix the problem but thankyou anyway for your suggestions and help

yosra b wrote:
> i have tried to restore the system many times but the problem is that
> the computer can't give me an earlier point of restoration ( it's
> point of restoration is always a day before the modification) so it
> doesn't fix the problem but thankyou anyway for your suggestions and
> help

=============================
The article offers several other options.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice