creating Shortcuts to control panel objects

Wayne Blackman

creating Shortcuts to control panel objects
As I frequently turn my screen saver off and on, I would like to create a
shortcut directly to the Screen Saver Applet in Control Panel. I have
managed to make one to Personalization, This is not what I want, I would
like one click access to Screen Saver, Is this possible?

TIA
Wayne

John John - MVP

Re: creating Shortcuts to control panel objects
Create a shortcut to this target line:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1

You can change the digit at the end if it doesn't open the tab you want,
for example:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,0
rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,2

and so on.

John

Wayne Blackman wrote:
> As I frequently turn my screen saver off and on, I would like to create
> a shortcut directly to the Screen Saver Applet in Control Panel. I have
> managed to make one to Personalization, This is not what I want, I would
> like one click access to Screen Saver, Is this possible?
>
> TIA
> Wayne

Wayne Blackman

"John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
> Create a shortcut to this target line:
>
> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1
>
> You can change the digit at the end if it doesn't open the tab you want,
> for example:
>
> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,0
> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,2
>
> and so on.
>
> John
>
> Wayne Blackman wrote:
>> As I frequently turn my screen saver off and on, I would like to create a
>> shortcut directly to the Screen Saver Applet in Control Panel. I have
>> managed to make one to Personalization, This is not what I want, I would
>> like one click access to Screen Saver, Is this possible?
>>
>> TIA
>> Wayne

Thanks John, it worked perfectly.

Wayne Blackman wrote:

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> Create a shortcut to this target line:
>>
>> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1
>>
>> You can change the digit at the end if it doesn't open the tab you
>> want, for example:
>>
>> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,0
>> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,2
>>
>> and so on.
>>
>> John
>>
>> Wayne Blackman wrote:
>>> As I frequently turn my screen saver off and on, I would like to
>>> create a shortcut directly to the Screen Saver Applet in Control
>>> Panel. I have managed to make one to Personalization, This is not
>>> what I want, I would like one click access to Screen Saver, Is this
>>> possible?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Wayne

> Thanks John, it worked perfectly.