Activation Key

Doug

Activation Key
I bought Vista Home Premium in Sept,2009.I just reinstalled it on the same
machine with Windows seven,I purchased windows 7 from Microsoft,
What is the telephone number I can call.I have been up all night trying to
repair and install Vista.
Thank You

Doug

Rick Rogers

Re: Activation Key
Hi Doug,

To get the proper phone number for activation where you live, type "slui 4"
(without the quotes) into the start/search line and hit <enter>.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Doug" <DugGlissremoveme@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I bought Vista Home Premium in Sept,2009.I just reinstalled it on the same
>machine with Windows seven,I purchased windows 7 from Microsoft,
> What is the telephone number I can call.I have been up all night trying
> to repair and install Vista.
> Thank You
>
> Doug

Curious

Re: Activation Key
Are the Vista HP license and the Win7 licenses upgrade licenses or full
licenses?
Is this the sequence you followed:
1. installed Vista on a system.
2. Upgraded the Vista installation to Win7
3. tried to reinstall Vista in a different partition on the same disk drive.

"Doug" <DugGlissremoveme@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I bought Vista Home Premium in Sept,2009.I just reinstalled it on the same
> machine with Windows seven,I purchased windows 7 from Microsoft,
> What is the telephone number I can call.I have been up all night trying
> to repair and install Vista.
> Thank You
>
> Doug

Doug

Re: Activation Key
They both are full License Versions.

I see I used the word Upgraded,sorry.

I had Vista on the system.I ordered Win 7 Home Premium from Microsoft.I
installed 7 and was dual booting.I put Vista back on,not that I will use it
much.(back up system).

I also am installing Linux as I type on my laptop.

I was hoping if I reinstalled Vista that the Boot manager would not see win
7.Since you have to install Vista first.

If I do get rid of Vista it is on my C drive along with its Boot files and
Win 7.When I remove Vista and format the C: drive I will loose the Boot
manager for Win 7.(It is installed on C: Disk.
If that happened I could run a repair and it should fix the Boot file??

If not I will use a 3rd party Software such as EasyBCD.

I managed to get it activated again.This one amazed ne.I have had Office
2003 since late 2004. I had it installed on other systems that were mine
over the years.I always filled out my name and registered it if they let me
,sometimes yes and sometimes no.\

Yesterday a screen came up saying my office does not appear to be legal???

It said you can run a check now or re-register it as soon as possible.

I checked the Box and let Microsoft I guess ,get access to my files and see
if it was legal. It took 3 seconds,then it said version is good no need to
register>//

Has anyone else have this happen to them??

Thanks For The Help

Doug
"Curious" <nobody@nspam.com> wrote in message
> Are the Vista HP license and the Win7 licenses upgrade licenses or full
> licenses?
> Is this the sequence you followed:
> 1. installed Vista on a system.
> 2. Upgraded the Vista installation to Win7
> 3. tried to reinstall Vista in a different partition on the same disk
> drive.
>
> "Doug" <DugGlissremoveme@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I bought Vista Home Premium in Sept,2009.I just reinstalled it on the
>> same machine with Windows seven,I purchased windows 7 from Microsoft,
>> What is the telephone number I can call.I have been up all night trying
>> to repair and install Vista.
>> Thank You
>>
>> Doug

Curious

Re: Activation Key
Then the problem is that in order to dual boot between Vista and Win7 Win7
has to be installed last since Vista has no knowledge of Win7 wheras Win7
knows about Vista.