Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download

Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Home Premium to Ultimate upgrade

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup

Speedup My PC
Old 11-11-2009
Desperation

Home Premium to Ultimate upgrade
Hello,I just tried upgrading from Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate...at first it checked my system for compatibility (yes, I instereted the disk into the CD drive thingy and then clicked upgrade while Home Premium was running)...once it finished checking for compatibility it said this: so I searched the Internet for that Knowledge Base article and I found something...but I don't know if it's what I needed...this is the one that I found http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6a90a and I'm not going to try that just yet. During installation it gave me the option of ignoring the error; so I kept on going with the upgrade (home premium to Ultimate) and everything looked normal until it got to the part where it was completeing the upgrade...it stayed there for a few minutes and then an error box came up during the installation (completeing upgrade final part) and it said that one or more of my system components prevented the upgrade...so it brought my old version of Windows Vista back...and now I'm stuck with Windows Vista Home Premium...is there anything else I can do other then what the forums article said? I don't want to do what the Microsoft forums guy said to do in Safe Mode because it seems like a lot of work...so I'm looking for any other possible solution to these problems.Thank you!

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009
Gis Bun

RE: Home Premium to Ultimate upgrade
For most, going from Premium to Ultimate may not be something you need.

I'm using Ultimate [a promo copy from MS] and there is little in it that
could improve things. My USB TV tuner - as an example - doesn't work with the
Media Center.

You should check the MS web site's comparison chart between editions to see
if it's worth it. Everyone's situation is different.

Your JPG doesn't say much.

"Desperation" wrote:

> Hello,I just tried upgrading from Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate...at first it checked my system for compatibility (yes, I instereted the disk into the CD drive thingy and then clicked upgrade while Home Premium was running)...once it finished checking for compatibility it said this: so I searched the Internet for that Knowledge Base article and I found something...but I don't know if it's what I needed...this is the one that I found http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...0-1db06616a90a and I'm not going to try that just yet. During installation it gave me the option of ignoring the error; so I kept on going with the upgrade (home premium to Ultimate) and everything looked normal until it got to the part where it was completeing the upgrade...it stayed there for a few minutes and then an error box came up during the

installation (completeing upgrade final part) and it said that one or more of my system components prevented the upgrade...so it brought my old version of Windows Vista back...and now I'm stuck with Windows Vista Home Premium...is there anything else I can do other then what the forums article said? I don't want to do what the Microsoft forums guy said to do in Safe Mode because it seems like a lot of work...so I'm looking for any other possible solution to these problems.Thank you!
>
>
> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
> .
>

Old 11-19-2009
Frank-FL

Re: Home Premium to Ultimate upgrade
"Desperation" wrote in message
news:e4Gy2bmYKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hello,I just tried upgrading from Microsoft Windows Vista Home
> Premium to Windows Vista Ultimate...at first it checked my system
> for compatibility (yes, I instereted the disk into the CD drive
> thingy and then clicked upgrade while Home Premium was
> running)...once it finished checking for compatibility it said this:
>
> so I searched the Internet for that Knowledge Base article and I
> found something...but I don't know if it's what I needed...this is
> the one that I found
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6a90a and
> I'm not going to try that just yet. During installation it gave me
> the option of ignoring the error; so I kept on going with the
> upgrade (home premium to Ultimate) and everything looked normal
> until it got to the part where it was completeing the upgrade...it
> stayed there for a few minutes and then an error box came up during
> the installation (completeing upgrade final part) and it said that
> one or more of my system components prevented the upgrade...so it
> brought my old version of Windows Vista back...and now I'm stuck
> with Windows Vista Home Premium...is there anything else I can do
> other then what the forums article said? I don't want to do what the
> Microsoft forums guy said to do in Safe Mode because it seems like a
> lot of work...so I'm looking for any other possible solution to
> these problems.Thank you!
>
>
> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

A shot in the dark. Are you mixing 32 bit and 64 bit versions?