not recognizing IDE drive

Luvrsmel

not recognizing IDE drive
Not sure if this group is the right one to be addressing this issue as I
haven't come across any UseNet windows 7 groups yet.
Anyways, I have a a good working IDE 400Gb drive that I'm wanting to install
windows 7 ultimate (32bit) on and everytime I get to where I have to choose
a drive, a blank window pops up.
There is an option for installation of "mass storage" drivers to install but
I have none and have never needed any in the past.
The bios sees the drive fine and I know the drive is fine because I've
checked it time and time again for errors.
It is set for the primary master on boot up, giving exception to the dvd rom
drive to use as install for windows 7.
The board is an Asus P4S800D-X.
I'm wondering if windows 7 needs a seagate 400GB IDE driver for this
installation??
FYI, The system is a dual boot and runs Vista on a sata 200Gb drive fine in
this machine.
Any help would be appreciated TIA

Curious

Re: not recognizing IDE drive
Do you have a full version or an upgrade version/key for Win 7?
Are you trying to create a triple boot or do a replacement install on one of
the other OS installations?

"Luvrsmel" <not@here.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if this group is the right one to be addressing this issue as I
> haven't come across any UseNet windows 7 groups yet.
> Anyways, I have a a good working IDE 400Gb drive that I'm wanting to
> install windows 7 ultimate (32bit) on and everytime I get to where I have
> to choose a drive, a blank window pops up.
> There is an option for installation of "mass storage" drivers to install
> but I have none and have never needed any in the past.
> The bios sees the drive fine and I know the drive is fine because I've
> checked it time and time again for errors.
> It is set for the primary master on boot up, giving exception to the dvd
> rom drive to use as install for windows 7.
> The board is an Asus P4S800D-X.
> I'm wondering if windows 7 needs a seagate 400GB IDE driver for this
> installation??
> FYI, The system is a dual boot and runs Vista on a sata 200Gb drive fine
> in this machine.
> Any help would be appreciated TIA

John

Re: not recognizing IDE drive
I'm using old vista 32 disk from prior hardware as it has all my
programs etc. on it. Hope to keep running that and install 7 64 bit on a
separate drive over a period of time then switch to that.
John