Problem reformatting my Laptop

nash160

Problem reformatting my Laptop

Hey there,

I am planning on reformatting my laptop as it is getting very very slow
lately. Bought it 3 years ago though. I'm currently using Windows Vista
Home Premium 32bit. The only problem is that I don't have my bootable
DVD to reinstall my vista, because the retailer did not supply me with
the DVD. Is there a way to download the installation files and burn it
to a DVD?

By the way, I have the original sticker with the CD-key underneath my
laptop.

Need help.

Thanks,
nash160

--
nash160
David B.

Re: Problem reformatting my Laptop
Unless the mfg provides this download, which is unlikely, the answer would
be no, there is no download. You likely have a recovery partition on the
hard drive to reload your OS, consult the laptops documentation or contact
the mfg's support website to find out how to use it.

"nash160" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey there,
>
> I am planning on reformatting my laptop as it is getting very very slow
> lately. Bought it 3 years ago though. I'm currently using Windows Vista
> Home Premium 32bit. The only problem is that I don't have my bootable
> DVD to reinstall my vista, because the retailer did not supply me with
> the DVD. Is there a way to download the installation files and burn it
> to a DVD?
>
> By the way, I have the original sticker with the CD-key underneath my
> laptop.
>
> Need help.
>
> Thanks,
> nash160
>

> --
> nash160

Gis Bun

RE: Problem reformatting my Laptop
The manufactuter is suppost to provide some variation of the disc [either
physical or burn it yourself or a recovery partition]. Getting a copy of the
media that corresponds to your version should be sufficient as well.

Before you install, check the manufacturer's web site for any instructions
that may be required [example: disabling something in the BIOS], update the
BIOS [my netbook requires a BIOS update before I can go to Windows 7, if I
decide to], drivers, etc.

"nash160" wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I am planning on reformatting my laptop as it is getting very very slow
> lately. Bought it 3 years ago though. I'm currently using Windows Vista
> Home Premium 32bit. The only problem is that I don't have my bootable
> DVD to reinstall my vista, because the retailer did not supply me with
> the DVD. Is there a way to download the installation files and burn it
> to a DVD?
>
> By the way, I have the original sticker with the CD-key underneath my
> laptop.
>
> Need help.
>
> Thanks,
> nash160
>

> --
> nash160
> .

HELP: Reformatting Laptop w/out Discs Miseryschyld Windows Vista General 0 05-15-2009 04:05
Problem after reformatting! Kate210 microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 0 02-02-2009 23:22
reformatting ShanLew Hardware Problems 0 10-15-2008 21:29
Reformatting my laptop (Windows Vista) Eljabo microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 08-31-2007 16:38
Reformatting Kristi microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 3 06-15-2007 16:04