recovery disc D

jim stephens

recovery disc D
i have windows vista home premium.how do you clean recovery disc D?

Lossless Rewriting of JPEG / EXIF Pictures in C#
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ng-of-jpe.aspx
David B.

Re: recovery disc D
What ever recovery disc D is it has nothing to do with Vista, it's likely a
recovery partition created by your PC mfg to recover your OS in case of a
crash, leave it alone or contact your PC mfg.

"jim stephens" wrote in message news:20091028134234rjessst@yahoo.com...
>i have windows vista home premium.how do you clean recovery disc D?

> Lossless Rewriting of JPEG / EXIF Pictures in C#
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ng-of-jpe.aspx

Curious

Re: recovery disc D
Jim,
When you got your PC it should also have had instructions on how to copy the
recovery partition to a set of DVDs so that you could use them to recovery
in case of a hard driver failure.
Some users after the have backed up their recovery partition in accordance
with the manufacturer's instructions have deleted it but it is not
recommended.

"David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
> What ever recovery disc D is it has nothing to do with Vista, it's likely
> a recovery partition created by your PC mfg to recover your OS in case of
> a crash, leave it alone or contact your PC mfg.

> "jim stephens" wrote in message news:20091028134234rjessst@yahoo.com...
>>i have windows vista home premium.how do you clean recovery disc D?
>>
>> EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>> Lossless Rewriting of JPEG / EXIF Pictures in C#
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ng-of-jpe.aspx

James Kosin

Re: recovery disc D
Also, if it is an HP product, they do supply a utility that can remove the
partition; but, it is highly unadvised to do this. You usually only gain
about 10-20G anyway which doesn't last long with these new OSs.
The really good solution is to invest in a larger hard drive if supported.

James

"Curious" <spammenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Jim,
> When you got your PC it should also have had instructions on how to copy
> the recovery partition to a set of DVDs so that you could use them to
> recovery in case of a hard driver failure.
> Some users after the have backed up their recovery partition in accordance
> with the manufacturer's instructions have deleted it but it is not
> recommended.
>
> "David B." <mail@nomail.net> wrote in message
>> What ever recovery disc D is it has nothing to do with Vista, it's likely
>> a recovery partition created by your PC mfg to recover your OS in case of
>> a crash, leave it alone or contact your PC mfg.

>> "jim stephens" wrote in message news:20091028134234rjessst@yahoo.com...
>>>i have windows vista home premium.how do you clean recovery disc D?
>>>
>>> EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>>> Lossless Rewriting of JPEG / EXIF Pictures in C#
>>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ng-of-jpe.aspx

DL

Re: recovery disc D
It might help if you explained what exactly you are trying to achieve, as
your post makes little sense