Can items be removed from Welcome Center?

Frank K.

Can items be removed from Welcome Center?
I would like to remove things like Norton, EarthLink and NetZero from
Welcome Center. Is it possible, and if so, how is it done?

Thanks

Frank

Malke

Re: Can items be removed from Welcome Center?
Frank K. wrote:

> I would like to remove things like Norton, EarthLink and NetZero from
> Welcome Center. Is it possible, and if so, how is it done?

Why not just set the Welcome Center to *not* start with Windows? It is only
a nuisance, delays startup, and is a vehicle for ads on OEM machines. In
case you missed it, there is a checkbox in the lower left-hand corner which
you can deselect so it no longer starts with Windows.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Frank K.

> Frank K. wrote:
>
>> I would like to remove things like Norton, EarthLink and NetZero from
>> Welcome Center. Is it possible, and if so, how is it done?

> Why not just set the Welcome Center to *not* start with Windows? It is
> only
> a nuisance, delays startup, and is a vehicle for ads on OEM machines. In
> case you missed it, there is a checkbox in the lower left-hand corner
> which
> you can deselect so it no longer starts with Windows.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Thanks Malke, I don't have it start when Vista starts, but I was thinking of
removing the junk and possibly adding things I use frequently. In other
words, make it more useful to me.

Frank K. wrote:

> Thanks Malke, I don't have it start when Vista starts, but I was thinking
> of removing the junk and possibly adding things I use frequently. In other
> words, make it more useful to me.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...07e9ccc08a197a

Malke

> Frank K. wrote:
>

>> Thanks Malke, I don't have it start when Vista starts, but I was thinking
>> of removing the junk and possibly adding things I use frequently. In
>> other
>> words, make it more useful to me.

> http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...07e9ccc08a197a
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

Thank you Malke. That worked to remove them. Now I will try to find out how
to add items I want, without having to learn scripting.

Frank