no C: drive

phate

no C: drive

since my thread from earlier was deleted ill repost this. My C: drive
is not working. Ive reformated and tried reinstalling the os. Now it
ask what drive to assign and it says that it is there but cannot install
on. I get error message 0*80004005 when i use the advance option
reformat. need help. ask if you need more info. Or if you dont know
just tell me. And if im asking this in the wrong place tell me. But
dont delete this i need the help. thanks to those that might help.

--
phate
phate's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138339.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Rick Rogers

Re: drive
Hi,

Your initial post was not deleted, I can see it just fine and you received
one response from RC White.

Either the drive is faulty, cabling is loose, or the file system is corrupt.
After reseating the cabling, you should download and run a drive diagnostic
from the manufacturer to check the integrity of the drive before doing
anything else. It may not be suitable for an OS install and need
replacement. If it passes the tests, then you should delete and recreate the
installation volume (C before retrying installation.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"phate" <phate.404vva@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
newshate.404vva@DoNotSpam.com...

> since my thread from earlier was deleted ill repost this. My C: drive
> is not working. Ive reformated and tried reinstalling the os. Now it
> ask what drive to assign and it says that it is there but cannot install
> on. I get error message 0*80004005 when i use the advance option
> reformat. need help. ask if you need more info. Or if you dont know
> just tell me. And if im asking this in the wrong place tell me. But
> dont delete this i need the help. thanks to those that might help.
>

> --
> phate
> phate's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138339.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1259149.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

phate

Re: no C: drive

thank you rick i cant see my old reply and thanks to Rc white. Ill look
at it and see what i can do.

--
phate
phate's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/138339.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1259149.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

none

Re: no C: drive
phate wrote:
> thank you rick i cant see my old reply and thanks to Rc white. Ill look
> at it and see what i can do.

I see you installed Ubunto Linux on the hard drive. I'm guessing you
used the entire drive instead of creating a Linux partition. If you did
that that you may have created a problem. I'm a complete newbie with
Vista, but Windows XP could not recognize a Linux formatted drive or
partition. It simply did not exist to Windows XP.
You may have to use your Linux disk to delete the Linux partition,
allowing Windows to see it as a raw, unformatted drive.
The installer on the Vista DVD should then be able to create a Windows
partition, and format it to NTFS, after which, you should be able to
install Vista.