Remove dual vista?

dbacs

Remove dual vista?

I had a cpu fan die and the computer would not turn on, so i thought it
was my hard drive. Replaced the hard drive and installed Vista but not
completely. Then found that the cpu fan wasn't working, replaced that
and put my old drive back in.

Now when Vista starts up i get an error screen asking to press enter.
When pressing enter i get a choice of 2 vista installations. Only one
works, the old one, so i always choose that.

For me its not a problem but this freaks out the other employees here.
So i need to get rid of the half completed installation.

How do i do this?

Thanks.

--
dbacs
saeen

Re: Remove dual vista?

Try 'EasyBSD' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/easybsd/). It can help
you to remove non working Vista boot option.

--
saeen
Rick Rogers

Re: Remove dual vista?
Hi,

Click start, type msconfig and hit <enter> to open the system configuration
utility. On the boot tab, select the unwanted reference and click on delete.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
"dbacs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I had a cpu fan die and the computer would not turn on, so i thought it
> was my hard drive. Replaced the hard drive and installed Vista but not
> completely. Then found that the cpu fan wasn't working, replaced that
> and put my old drive back in.
>
> Now when Vista starts up i get an error screen asking to press enter.
> When pressing enter i get a choice of 2 vista installations. Only one
> works, the old one, so i always choose that.
>
> For me its not a problem but this freaks out the other employees here.
> So i need to get rid of the half completed installation.
>
> How do i do this?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> dbacs

dbacs

Re: Remove dual vista?

How do i use easyBSD?

--
dbacs
dbacs

Re: Remove dual vista?

Rick Rogers;1158013 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Click start, type msconfig and hit <enter> to open the system
> configuration
> utility. On the boot tab, select the unwanted reference and click on
> delete.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/)
> Windows help - 'www.rickrogers.org' (http://www.rickrogers.org)
> "dbacs" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
> news:6730e6cced0643d8cb77283556addcc7@newsgroup-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > I had a cpu fan die and the computer would not turn on, so i thought

> > it
> > > was my hard drive. Replaced the hard drive and installed Vista but

> > not
> > > completely. Then found that the cpu fan wasn't working, replaced that
> > > and put my old drive back in.
> > >
> > > Now when Vista starts up i get an error screen asking to press enter.
> > > When pressing enter i get a choice of 2 vista installations. Only one
> > > works, the old one, so i always choose that.
> > >
> > > For me its not a problem but this freaks out the other employees

> > here.
> > > So i need to get rid of the half completed installation.
> > >
> > > How do i do this?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > > --
> > > dbacs > >

only one os is showing in the boot tab of msconfig.

--
dbacs
Rick Rogers

Re: Remove dual vista?