Need to make sure I have the latest Windows Media Player

ty25_james

Need to make sure I have the latest Windows Media Player
I need to make sure I have the latest windows media player on my computer as a few different third party applications which play through WMP do not work. When I contact the third parties they said to download the latest updates since that is likely the cause of the problem. When I update the 'Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB941651)' it says The update does not apply to your system. Now I know for a fact I have the 64 bit system since I've checked this under the computer properties and I had to know for other software I had to download. Why am i getting this error?? Please help.

Tae Song

Re: Need to make sure I have the latest Windows Media Player

"ty25_james" wrote in message news:Oh3b1WiSKHA.1792@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I need to make sure I have the latest windows media player on my computer
> as a few different third party applications which play through WMP do not
> work. When I contact the third parties they said to download the latest
> updates since that is likely the cause of the problem. When I update the
> 'Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB941651)' it says The
> update does not apply to your system. Now I know for a fact I have the 64
> bit system since I've checked this under the computer properties and I had
> to know for other software I had to download. Why am i getting this
> error?? Please help.
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

If you check the Knowledge Base for 941651, it is dated 11/20/2007.

Unless Windows Update has stopped working your Windows Media Player should
be up to date.

When did you notice the problem?

Windows Media Player was updated recently and may have introduced an
incompatibility.

What third party application are you referring to?

R. C. White

Re: Need to make sure I have the latest Windows Media Player
Hi, James.

In WMP, what do you see when you click Help | About Windows Media Player?

If you post back, please tell us exactly which version of Vista you are
running, including the SP level. If you don't know, then click Control
Panel | System and read it from the Windows Edition section; "System type",
in the "System" section will tell you if you are running a ""64-bit
Operating System".

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA