Vista won't work on HP Pavillion DV5-1290ec

svartenbrandt

Vista won't work on HP Pavillion DV5-1290ec

Hey guys!

I just bought a new computer and it was preinstalled with Windows 7. It
worked fine for a couple of hours then I got a BSOD. I tried to restart
it but BSODs kept showing up. I thought to myself that it was the OS
that was faulty and decided too install Vista Ultimate x86. So I
reformatted the hdd and did a clean install. The install went fine, but
I kept getting BSODs. The BSODs where different kinds, e.g.
DRIVER_IRQLblabla, SYSTEM_EXTENSIONblabla and something about a
USBUCHI.sys.

I've tried a new install of Vista today, but now my computer gets BSODs
even when I'm trying to install the damn OS.

I would gladly take any advice,

Jocke

--
svartenbrandt
Malke

Re: Vista won't work on HP Pavillion DV5-1290ec
svartenbrandt wrote:

> Hey guys!
>
> I just bought a new computer and it was preinstalled with Windows 7. It
> worked fine for a couple of hours then I got a BSOD. I tried to restart
> it but BSODs kept showing up. I thought to myself that it was the OS
> that was faulty and decided too install Vista Ultimate x86. So I
> reformatted the hdd and did a clean install. The install went fine, but
> I kept getting BSODs. The BSODs where different kinds, e.g.
> DRIVER_IRQLblabla, SYSTEM_EXTENSIONblabla and something about a
> USBUCHI.sys.
>
> I've tried a new install of Vista today, but now my computer gets BSODs
> even when I'm trying to install the damn OS.
>
> I would gladly take any advice,

Take the computer back to where you bought it. Get a different one or your
money back. I really wonder how it got Windows 7 on it when that OS isn't
available preinstalled until after October 22. In any case, it sounds like a
hardware issue.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

svartenbrandt

Re: Vista won't work on HP Pavillion DV5-1290ec

Ok. thanks. The compay that I bought it from had installed Windows 7 RC
when I got it, so that would answer your question.

Is it a memory-problem or something else?

--
svartenbrandt
lemur

Re: Vista won't work on HP Pavillion DV5-1290ec

Was this bought new? From where?
Either the hardware does not have drivers for 7 and Vista OR
there is a hardware problem.
Like Malke said (that's the name of my sister), take the computer back.
Sheesh.

--
lemur

::If *ANYONE* in this forum helps you, please click on
their *REP* icon. Thanks! (the middle scale icon in the upper right
corner)::
DL

Re: Vista won't work on HP Pavillion DV5-1290ec
Whats wrong doesnt realy matter, its defective take it back

"svartenbrandt" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Ok. thanks. The compay that I bought it from had installed Windows 7 RC
> when I got it, so that would answer your question.
>
> Is it a memory-problem or something else?
>

> --
> svartenbrandt

svartenbrandt

Re: Vista won't work on HP Pavillion DV5-1290ec

Okay okay. No need to get angry at me. I live in Sweden and I bought it
from a store here. I reckon there is a problem with the hardware since
both Nvidia and HP got drivers compatible with my computer and both
Vista and Windows 7. anyways, thanks for your input. Been trying to
resolve this problem for two days and it has started to get some what
annoying.

--
svartenbrandt
lemur

Re: Vista won't work on HP Pavillion DV5-1290ec

Svartenbrandt, I hope you didn't think I was angry. I said "sheesh" b/c
I couldn't believe they gave you win 7 rc, that vista wouldn't run, and
that they didn't take better care of you. You shouldn't have to be put
through this with a new pc. Vista and Win 7 are great operating
systems, but HP nees to treat you right.

--
lemur

::If *ANYONE* in this forum helps you, please click on
their *REP* icon. Thanks! (the middle scale icon in the upper right
corner)::
Ian D

"lemur" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Svartenbrandt, I hope you didn't think I was angry. I said "sheesh" b/c
> I couldn't believe they gave you win 7 rc, that vista wouldn't run, and
> that they didn't take better care of you. You shouldn't have to be put
> through this with a new pc. Vista and Win 7 are great operating
> systems, but HP nees to treat you right.
>

> --
> lemur
>
> ::If *ANYONE* in this forum helps you, please click on
> their *REP* icon. Thanks! (the middle scale icon in the upper right
> corner)::

HP is not responsible for the OP's problem. Except for XP
downgrades on their business systems, HP ships all systems
with Vista, and all necessary drivers and support software
installed, and will do the same with Win 7 when it's released.

The dealer sold the OP a defective system with all the original
software removed. Also, it's not legal to sell a system with a
beta or RC Windows version installed. I'm sure both HP and
MS would be interested in this retailer's activities.

Bruce Chambers

svartenbrandt wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> I just bought a new computer and it was preinstalled with Windows 7. It
> worked fine for a couple of hours then I got a BSOD. I tried to restart
> it but BSODs kept showing up. I thought to myself that it was the OS
> that was faulty and decided too install Vista Ultimate x86. So I
> reformatted the hdd and did a clean install. The install went fine, but
> I kept getting BSODs. The BSODs where different kinds, e.g.
> DRIVER_IRQLblabla, SYSTEM_EXTENSIONblabla and something about a
> USBUCHI.sys.
>
> I've tried a new install of Vista today, but now my computer gets BSODs
> even when I'm trying to install the damn OS.
>
> I would gladly take any advice,
>
> Jocke

A new computer with problems? Is there any specific reason you
wouldn't have done the glaringly obvious first step and contacted HP for
warranty support? You very clearly have defective hardware.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.