Vista install disc will not boot up

rharlow

Vista install disc will not boot up

So, I've done a search and can't find a possible solution, so I'm
reaching out to the group. I am trying to upgrade from XP Prof x32 to
Vista Ultimate x64. Disc is full OEM (from NewEgg), and I was hoping to
do an in-place upgrade, but just figured out that, that ain't happening,
so I need to do a clean install. So, changed boot order in bios and
tried to boot from DVD. Screen comes up asking to press any key to boot
from DVD, so I press it, and nothing happens, it just proceeds to
hard-drive and boots up in XP.

So, what am I doing wrong??? Checked on Pioneer DVR-116D and firmware
is up-to-date. Have run upgrade advisor with no issues identified. Any
suggestions? Thanks

Chip

--
rharlow

karnyks22 will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Vista install disc will not boot up
rharlow Hi
This may be useful http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx
Curious

Re: Vista install disc will not boot up
What keys on your keyboard have you tried when it says press any key? Is
your keyboard direct connected to your system?

"rharlow" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> So, I've done a search and can't find a possible solution, so I'm
> reaching out to the group. I am trying to upgrade from XP Prof x32 to
> Vista Ultimate x64. Disc is full OEM (from NewEgg), and I was hoping to
> do an in-place upgrade, but just figured out that, that ain't happening,
> so I need to do a clean install. So, changed boot order in bios and
> tried to boot from DVD. Screen comes up asking to press any key to boot
> from DVD, so I press it, and nothing happens, it just proceeds to
> hard-drive and boots up in XP.
>
> So, what am I doing wrong??? Checked on Pioneer DVR-116D and firmware
> is up-to-date. Have run upgrade advisor with no issues identified. Any
> suggestions? Thanks
>
> Chip
>

> --
> rharlow

rharlow

Re: Vista install disc will not boot up

I have tried space and enter

--
rharlow
Curious

Re: Vista install disc will not boot up
I ask again is your keyboard directly connected to your computer? I ask
since if it is connected via a USB port or via wireless it may not be active
during the boot process.

> I have tried space and enter
>

> --
> rharlow

rharlow

Re: Vista install disc will not boot up

Sorry about that, yes, keyboard is directly attached

--
rharlow
theog

Re: Vista install disc will not boot up

Hi rharlow

Is your motherboard 64bit?

Is your DVD a ISO download or MS DVD?

--
theog
James Kosin

Re: Vista install disc will not boot up
==== BELOW is a reply that got lost on its way to unknown-email.com ====

The other thing is read carefully... I once had a computer where is really
said "press any key to skip booting from CD..." or something very simular.

James

> Sorry about that, yes, keyboard is directly attached
>
> Curious;1155531 Wrote:
>> I ask again is your keyboard directly connected to your computer? I ask
>> since if it is connected via a USB port or via wireless it may not be
>> active
>> during the boot process.
>>
>> "rharlow" <guest@newsgroup-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:c48c079328411bcd96e85a849371b9ab@newsgroup-gateway.com...> > >

> --
> rharlow

rharlow

Re: Vista install disc will not boot up

I believe, both processor Intel Core2 6600 @ 2.4Ghz and Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 Rev1 are 64 bit.

theog;1155728 Wrote:
> Hi rharlow
>
> Is your motherboard 64bit?
>
> Is your DVD a ISO download or MS DVD?

--
rharlow
rharlow

Re: Vista install disc will not boot up

Also, DVD was purchased at NewEgg, so its from Microsoft, not downloaded