Problem!!!

Deezy

Problem!!!

I have windows vista home premium and i turned my computer on one day
and it just said

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be
the cause.

File: fwpkclnt.sys

Windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.

I ran the recovery disk (iso file(made) and went to repair my
computer.. and still does the same thing at start up.. So then i went to
restore and selected a recent backup point and it does the same
thing...Then i went to install windows..typed my key in and it gave me
another error: 0x80070002?? If it helps i have a compaq f700..if i need
to reimage or anything i dont no. i dont no what else to do so if u can
plz help. thanks

--
Deezy
Flavius

Re: Problem!!!

Boot recovery disk,run command prompt and type:

*chkdsk /r*

--
Flavius
Deezy

Re: Problem!!!

I tryed that and it says the type of file system is NTFS.cannot lock
current drive. Windows cannot run dusk checking on this volume because
it is write protected.......

--
Deezy
R. C. White

Re: Problem!!!
Hi, Deezy.

That filename, fwpkclnt.sys, translates to "Windows Firewall Platform
kernel-mode client".

Searching for that filename (with both Bing and Google) turns up LOTS of
hits, so it is not a rare problem. You did not mention the SP level of your
computer, but this might be a good place for you to start:
A reliability and performance update is available for Windows Vista
SP1-based computers
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952709

If that doesn’t help, search for that filename on this page:
http://search.microsoft.com/results....FORM=QBME1&l=1

Good luck.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Deezy" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have windows vista home premium and i turned my computer on one day
> and it just said
>
> Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be
> the cause.
>
> File: fwpkclnt.sys
>
> Windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.
>
> I ran the recovery disk (iso file(made) and went to repair my
> computer.. and still does the same thing at start up.. So then i went to
> restore and selected a recent backup point and it does the same
> thing...Then i went to install windows..typed my key in and it gave me
> another error: 0x80070002?? If it helps i have a compaq f700..if i need
> to reimage or anything i dont no. i dont no what else to do so if u can
> plz help. thanks
>

> --
> Deezy

Deezy

Re: Problem!!!

when i download the up date can or will it run like the boot disk??

--
Deezy

mikephillip17 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Problem!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezy View Post
I have windows vista home premium and i turned my computer on one day
and it just said

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be
the cause.

File: fwpkclnt.sys

Windows failed to load because a required file is missing, or corrupt.

I ran the recovery disk (iso file(made) and went to repair my
computer.. and still does the same thing at start up.. So then i went to
restore and selected a recent backup point and it does the same
thing...Then i went to install windows..typed my key in and it gave me
another error: 0x80070002?? If it helps i have a compaq f700..if i need
to reimage or anything i dont no. i dont no what else to do so if u can
plz help. thanks

--
Deezy
It could be the manual problem means it may be possible that you are not following correct path for installing the window. There are many online service providers that can help you out from this problem. They can diagnose and repair virtually any problem you are experiencing. Best of all you can see everything they are doing and even talk with them on the phone at the same time.
__________________
Raleigh Computer Repair
Tae Song

Re: Problem!!!

"Deezy" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:6037af455bbafc4d3de7cf26f69a83e0@nntp-gateway.com...

> I tryed that and it says the type of file system is NTFS.cannot lock
> current drive. Windows cannot run dusk checking on this volume because
> it is write protected.......
>

> --
> Deezy

He forgot to specify the drive

Try CHKDSK C: /R /X

C: <-- drive to check
/R Surface scan hard drive for bad sectors, check file intregrity
/X Take volume offline for scan

If you do just CHKDSK /R and you're not switched to C: drive it will try to scan the DVD which is a read only medium.
Tae Song

Re: Problem!!!

"Deezy" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:e508a9927f822b45a7a00c2d688f0b80@nntp-gateway.com...

> when i download the up date can or will it run like the boot disk??
>

> --
> Deezy

No, you execute update from inside Windows.