Help with vista

ofoufou

Help with vista

i need help.i was trying to repair my vista using the upgrade function
and my pc crashed before the re-installation was finished.now i cannot
get into vista causes it doesn;t load so i can run the upgrade again and
i can;t do a clean install because i really need the programs i was
using...WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELPPP...

--
ofoufou
Tae Song

Re: Help with vista

"ofoufou" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> i need help.i was trying to repair my vista using the upgrade function
> and my pc crashed before the re-installation was finished.now i cannot
> get into vista causes it doesn;t load so i can run the upgrade again and
> i can;t do a clean install because i really need the programs i was
> using...WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELPPP...
>

> --
> ofoufou

Fresh install of Windows seems like the only option.

ofoufou

Re: Help with vista

yea seems that way but i was really trying to avoid that cause the
programs are really importamt...any other suggestions maybe?

> yea seems that way but i was really trying to avoid that cause the
> programs are really importamt...any other suggestions maybe?
>

> --
> ofoufou

The damage has been done and there's no going back. Pick up the pieces and
move on.

You can't reinstall these programs?

Rick Rogers

Re: Help with vista
Hi,

Have you tried accessing the boot menu by hitting F8 at startup and
accessing either the last known good configuration or safe mode with command
prompt where you can run rstrui.exe (system restore)? Those are your only
real options at this point based on your description.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"ofoufou" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> i need help.i was trying to repair my vista using the upgrade function
> and my pc crashed before the re-installation was finished.now i cannot
> get into vista causes it doesn;t load so i can run the upgrade again and
> i can;t do a clean install because i really need the programs i was
> using...WHAT CAN I DO PLEASE HELPPP...
>

> --
> ofoufou

ofoufou

Re: Help with vista

yea that;s my thought too just had a hope something else could be
done...no i can't find the programs to re-install them cause its for a
client and it's some special program he uses for work and the cd's are
lost the manufacturer is nowhere to be found and it's a dam complicated
situation...

thx for your help anyway

--
ofoufou
theog

Re: Help with vista

Hi ofoufou

What programs are you talking about?

If programs are on CD/DVD reinstall after clean install of windows.

If programs downloaded, redownload,reinstall after clean install of
windows.

--
theog
ofoufou

Re: Help with vista

hey, thanks for your help but it seems that re-installing is not an
option.he seems to have lost all the cd's and he doesnt even know the
name of the programs.It's a whole new mess going down that road that's
why i hoped for a repair or something like that sollution

--
ofoufou
Malke

Re: Help with vista
ofoufou wrote:

> hey, thanks for your help but it seems that re-installing is not an
> option.he seems to have lost all the cd's and he doesnt even know the
> name of the programs.It's a whole new mess going down that road that's
> why i hoped for a repair or something like that sollution

There's nothing you can do. And just as a suggestion since you mention
"client" which makes me think you might be a tech, next time when you get a
client with really specialized software - image their drive first. You still
might end up with a mess if the issue is caused by hardware or Windows needs
to be clean-installed (and of course the client should be responsible for
having the software they need for their business but they *will* blame you
rather than themselves); however, having an image to get back to is better
than not having an image to get back to.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

theog

Re: Help with vista

Hi ofoufou

You can try SAFE MODE, press F8 at startup.

Then repair my computer.

If you are using the DVD, at the install now screen use repair my
computer, NOT THE INSTALL NOW.

--
theog