AMI BIOS Password bypass?

minotar

AMI BIOS Password bypass?

Hey,
I done the stupid thing and forgot my bios password.

Ive searched a few places online and found some soloutions

Backdoor passwords-I've a host of these i need to try

Press delete during PSOT

Crossing jumpers?-Not sure how or where to find these so im not sure if
id try without some detailed tutorial or pictures.

And then theres software that will find it,personally id rather use the
software but ive as of yet to come across any.

Its a fijitsu siemens amillo Pa 3415 with AMI BIOS

Im running 64bit vista

And last but not least...please help lol

Thanks for reading

--
minotar
John Galt

Re: AMI BIOS Password bypass?
minotar <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>Hey,
>I done the stupid thing and forgot my bios password.
>
>Ive searched a few places online and found some soloutions
>
>Backdoor passwords-I've a host of these i need to try
>
>Press delete during PSOT
>
>Crossing jumpers?-Not sure how or where to find these so im not sure if
>id try without some detailed tutorial or pictures.
>
>And then theres software that will find it,personally id rather use the
>software but ive as of yet to come across any.
>
>Its a fijitsu siemens amillo Pa 3415 with AMI BIOS
>
>Im running 64bit vista
>
>And last but not least...please help lol
>
>Thanks for reading

Open the computer.

Look for the CMOS battery: it's about the size of a nickel, is shiny.

Carefully pry it out of its socket, and keep it out for a couple
minutes.

Put it back in. When you start up, you will get a message that you
need to set things in the BIOS. Enter it, and choose all the default
settings.

Rick Rogers

Re: AMI BIOS Password bypass?
Hi,

Go to the motherboard manufacturers website or refer to your owner manual
for the proper jumper to reset defaults. Either that or unplug the machine
and remove the cmos battery for a few minutes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"minotar" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey,
> I done the stupid thing and forgot my bios password.
>
> Ive searched a few places online and found some soloutions
>
> Backdoor passwords-I've a host of these i need to try
>
> Press delete during PSOT
>
> Crossing jumpers?-Not sure how or where to find these so im not sure if
> id try without some detailed tutorial or pictures.
>
> And then theres software that will find it,personally id rather use the
> software but ive as of yet to come across any.
>
> Its a fijitsu siemens amillo Pa 3415 with AMI BIOS
>
> Im running 64bit vista
>
> And last but not least...please help lol
>
> Thanks for reading
>

> --
> minotar

minotar

Re: AMI BIOS Password bypass?

Thank you,ill try it

--
minotar
CrucialHoax

Re: AMI BIOS Password bypass?

I always thought it had to stay out for at least 30 minutes? Not sure
though, either way, pulling the battery off the motherboard will clear
the password settings.

Also, before you pull the door off the machine, unplug it, and push the
power button. This way you reduce the chance of damaging any hardware.

--
CrucialHoax