Vista wont boot

Andrew

Vista wont boot
cant get into windows vista
when i switch it on the Toshiba logo comes up and then the screen goes blank
tried recovery dvd but gets to a screen sayin "Waiting for ODD to
initialise" and then nothing happens
tried using windows xp dvd but only gets so far and comes up with error
message
looked in the Bios and it recognises the Toshiba hard dive and the DVDCD
player
tried to press f8 to get to the screen where you can start in safe mode, go
back to last configuration etc. but nothing happens
booted with dr. dos and i can browse the C:\ drive so the hard drive seems
ok?

is there a file i can execute on the c:\ drive via dr.dos to start windows
manually
or is there a command to get into the screen where i can restore it to the
last known good configuration

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop only 2 weeks old

any help much appreciated

Andrew

Malke

Re: Vista wont boot
Andrew wrote:

> cant get into windows vista
> when i switch it on the Toshiba logo comes up and then the screen goes
> blank tried recovery dvd but gets to a screen sayin "Waiting for ODD to
> initialise" and then nothing happens
> tried using windows xp dvd but only gets so far and comes up with error
> message
> looked in the Bios and it recognises the Toshiba hard dive and the DVDCD
> player
> tried to press f8 to get to the screen where you can start in safe mode,
> booted with dr. dos and i can browse the C:\ drive so the hard drive seems
> ok?
>
> is there a file i can execute on the c:\ drive via dr.dos to start windows
> manually
> or is there a command to get into the screen where i can restore it to the
> last known good configuration
>

> I have a Toshiba Satellite L300 laptop only 2 weeks old

You have hardware failure. Fortunately for you, the laptop is brand-new and
covered by warranty. Exercise that warranty immediately and get a
replacement computer.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Andrew

Re: Vista wont boot
Thanks for your reply be taking it back to shop on saturday

Andrew