Re: How to creat recovery partition with recovery image in vista to restore the system
One thing you need to know is the letter name of your Vista Recovery
Partition (NOT Dell Recovery Partition). In my case it was "E".
The procedure is as follows
(1) Boot to WinRE using the Dell Vista DVD, i.e. <F12> etc.
(2) After Windows loads, select language/keyboard options and click on
(3) On Install Windows menu select "Repair your computer".
(4) on System Recovery Options menu select "Next".
(5) On System Recovery Options menu click on "Command Prompt".
(6) Type "path e:\windows;e:\windows\system32" and press <ENTER> key.
(7) Type "e:" and press <ENTER> key.
(8) Type "cd tools" and press <ENTER> key.
(9) Type "PCRestore" and press <ENTER> key and Dell Factory Image
Restore window will appear.
(10) Click on "Next" and Confirm Data Deletion dialog will appear.
(11) Place a "check mark" beside "Yes, reformat hard drive and restore
system software to factory condition" for the final confirmation and
click on "Next" when ready. Note: The restoration process takes
approximately 10 to 15 minutes, the format bar will run back and forth.
(12) Click "Finish" to reboot system!