Installing Vista Over Leopard Format Error

ihaveacomputer

Installing Vista Over Leopard Format Error

Hi
I just bought a new Dell Studio XPS 16 which came with Windows Vista
Home Premium 64 bit and I tried installing Leopard on it yesterday, it
installed but I could not make it past the logo screen. So I gave up and
I'm now attempting to reinstall Vista with the reinstall disc that came
with the computer. I know I need to format my hard drive but every time
I try to do so there is an error. Is this because I partitioned it for
Leopard yesterday? How do I fix this so I can reinstall Vista? I have
looked in many forums and googled it, I can't figure it out, any help?

--
ihaveacomputer
Colin Barnhorst

Re: Installing Vista Over Leopard Format Error
"ihaveacomputer" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi
> I just bought a new Dell Studio XPS 16 which came with Windows Vista
> Home Premium 64 bit and I tried installing Leopard on it yesterday, it
> installed but I could not make it past the logo screen. So I gave up and
> I'm now attempting to reinstall Vista with the reinstall disc that came
> with the computer. I know I need to format my hard drive but every time
> I try to do so there is an error. Is this because I partitioned it for
> Leopard yesterday? How do I fix this so I can reinstall Vista? I have
> looked in many forums and googled it, I can't figure it out, any help?
>

> --
> ihaveacomputer

The Leopard I know and use is for a Mac. If we are talking about the same
OS, why would you install a Mac OS on a Dell? Dell's don't have the
proprietary chip from Apple that is required to install Leopard anyway.
Only Apple products have the required chip for installing a Mac OS.

ihaveacomputer

Colin Barnhorst;1129390 Wrote:
> "ihaveacomputer" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:3b488d85cf69af8500695f7552255976@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Hi
> > > I just bought a new Dell Studio XPS 16 which came with Windows Vista
> > > Home Premium 64 bit and I tried installing Leopard on it yesterday,

> > it
> > > installed but I could not make it past the logo screen. So I gave up

> > and
> > > I'm now attempting to reinstall Vista with the reinstall disc that

> > came
> > > with the computer. I know I need to format my hard drive but every

> > time
> > > I try to do so there is an error. Is this because I partitioned it

> > for
> > > Leopard yesterday? How do I fix this so I can reinstall Vista? I have
> > > looked in many forums and googled it, I can't figure it out, any

> > help?
> > >

> > > --
> > > ihaveacomputer > > The Leopard I know and use is for a Mac. If we are talking about the

> same
> OS, why would you install a Mac OS on a Dell? Dell's don't have the
> proprietary chip from Apple that is required to install Leopard
> anyway.
> Only Apple products have the required chip for installing a Mac OS.

I would install it to see if it worked, it didn't and I need help
formatting my hard drive so I can reinstall Vista, are you able to help
me?

--
ihaveacomputer
Malke

ihaveacomputer wrote:

>> same
>> OS, why would you install a Mac OS on a Dell? Dell's don't have the
>> proprietary chip from Apple that is required to install Leopard
>> anyway.
>> Only Apple products have the required chip for installing a Mac OS.

> I would install it to see if it worked, it didn't and I need help
> formatting my hard drive so I can reinstall Vista, are you able to help
> me?

Restore your computer to factory condition using whatever method Dell
provided. Refer to your computer manual or Dell's tech support website.

If you want Leopard on a PC, Google for "hackintosh". I don't recommend it
since successfully creating a hackintosh requires pretty advanced computer
skills. Not to hurt your feelings, but your post indicates you aren't at
that level yet.

Malke
--
MS-MVP