Help please!!

mikewaters

Help please!!

I was on my computer when it froze. i let it set for a few mins to see
if it would ever reset itself. It didn't so i manually cut it off.
Upon re-loading an error message came up saying "windows failed to load
because the kernel is missing or corrupt". I really don't know all that
much about computers. Can someone PLEASE help me. Im a full time
student and i really need to find a way to fix this problem as soon as
possible

--
mikewaters
krazyl

Re: Help please!!

pop in ur cd and do repiar of your operating system.

--
krazyl

[image: http://www.signaturebar.com/uploads/images/64193.gif]
Rick Rogers

Re: Help please!!
Hi,

No good news. If the kernel (core system files) is corrupt, then you will
need to create a new installation. If you have a retail disk, insert it into
the optical drive and boot the system with it. Install new, but do not
format to preserve existing data. The current installation will be moved to
a windows.old folder where you can later recover data from it.

If you have a preinstalled system, you will need to follow the
manufacturer's instructions for system recovery. Be aware that this process
will most likely be a destructive reinstall and all data on the system will
be lost. In most cases, this involves hitting an "F" key at startup to
access a recovery volume on the hard drive.

Once recovered, you may want to have the hardware checked as faulty or
failing components is the most common cause of system freezes.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org