How to reformat & install on a laptop

Sam

How to reformat & install on a laptop
I just bought my first laptop yesterday (asus G71GX) and I want to
reformat it to put on a clean OS without all the other crap software
that came with it. When I put a clean Vista (not asus recovery ****)
in the drive it didn't ask me to reformat like XP would - it said that
it would move the folders to 'windows.old', instead. I tried using XP
but it doesn't see the drive because it's Sata. I don't have a floppy
drive to be able to use DOS. How do I reformat this drive?

Badger

Re: How to reformat & install on a laptop
Does it give you the option to delete all partitions?
Be sure to boot with the Vista installed in the drive.

"Sam" <none> wrote in message
> I just bought my first laptop yesterday (asus G71GX) and I want to
> reformat it to put on a clean OS without all the other crap software that
> came with it. When I put a clean Vista (not asus recovery ****) in the
> drive it didn't ask me to reformat like XP would - it said that it would
> move the folders to 'windows.old', instead. I tried using XP but it
> doesn't see the drive because it's Sata. I don't have a floppy drive to be
> able to use DOS. How do I reformat this drive?

Sam

Re: How to reformat & install on a laptop
I totally missed the "Drive Options" link that displays the format
command when clicked. Like Duh!
Thanks.

"Badger"
> Does it give you the option to delete all partitions?
> Be sure to boot with the Vista installed in the drive.
>
> "Sam"
>> I just bought my first laptop yesterday (asus G71GX) and I want to
>> reformat it to put on a clean OS without all the other crap
>> software that came with it. When I put a clean Vista (not asus
>> recovery ****) in the drive it didn't ask me to reformat like XP
>> would - it said that it would move the folders to 'windows.old',
>> instead. I tried using XP but it doesn't see the drive because it's
>> Sata. I don't have a floppy drive to be able to use DOS. How do I
>> reformat this drive?

Badger

Re: How to reformat & install on a laptop
Thanks for your reply, Sam :-)