You may be a victim of software counterfeiting

Highlag

You may be a victim of software counterfeiting
I'm using this laptop for 2 years. It came with pre-installed Vista.
Computer has genuine windows label on the bottom, licence is valid as
far as i can tell. Recently windows pop up this notification window
informing me about counterfeiting....

Some research on internet pointed me to SL UI Notification Service
I found that slui.exe managed to disappear from Windows\system32 folder.
Did a search for the file found one and copied it to folder.

Well this didn't work....

Not sure what can I do. I really dont want to reinstall Vista again.
Event viewer shows the following errors:
1-The Software Licensing service failed to start. hr=0xC004D10A, [2, 6]
2-License Activation Scheduler (SLUINotify.dll) failed with the
following error code:
0x80070426

and also probably connected to this one:
3-Key Management Service (KMS) failed to start.
Info:
hr=0xC004D10A

4-The description for Event ID 7023 from source Service Control Manager
cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not
installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You
can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had
to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Software Licensing
%%3221541130

The resource loader failed to find MUI file

I failed to find any solutions or reasons what happened, as nothing was
installed beside possible windows updates.

Any Ideas?

Regards!
Primoz
pb

Re: You may be a victim of software counterfeiting
Highlag <pprincic@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I'm using this laptop for 2 years. It came with pre-installed Vista.
> Computer has genuine windows label on the bottom, licence is valid as
> far as i can tell. Recently windows pop up this notification window
> informing me about counterfeiting....
>
> Some research on internet pointed me to SL UI Notification Service
> I found that slui.exe managed to disappear from Windows\system32 folder.
> Did a search for the file found one and copied it to folder.
>
> Well this didn't work....
>
> Not sure what can I do. I really dont want to reinstall Vista again.
> Event viewer shows the following errors:
> 1-The Software Licensing service failed to start. hr=0xC004D10A, [2, 6]
> 2-License Activation Scheduler (SLUINotify.dll) failed with the
> following error code:
> 0x80070426
>
> and also probably connected to this one:
> 3-Key Management Service (KMS) failed to start.
> Info:
> hr=0xC004D10A
>
> 4-The description for Event ID 7023 from source Service Control Manager
> cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not
> installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You
> can install or repair the component on the local computer.
>
> If the event originated on another computer, the display information had
> to be saved with the event.
>
> The following information was included with the event:
>
> Software Licensing
> %%3221541130
>
> The resource loader failed to find MUI file
>
> I failed to find any solutions or reasons what happened, as nothing was
> installed beside possible windows updates.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Regards!
> Primoz

Google the error message. There are fixes for the problem.