Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

where .NET Framework listed?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2009
Timothy Daniels
 

Posts: n/a
where .NET Framework listed?
I've re-installed my Vista Business from a clone that I
made 10 months ago, and when I try to install .NET
Framework 2.0, the installer says that it's already there.
The SP1 for .NET Framework 3.5 installed OK, and
upgrade history verifies that, but I can't find .NET Framework
2.0 or 3.5 listed anywhere in the system. I thought that all the
..NET Framework versions were listed in the Control Panel
in Programs and Apps, but no .NET Framework is listed.
Doesn't SP1 for v3.5 require the v3.5 Framework to be
there?

*TimDaniels*


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2009
Colin Barnhorst
 

Posts: n/a
Re: where .NET Framework listed?
"Timothy Daniels" <NoSpam@SpamMeKnot.biz> wrote in message
news:OyaEsE2JKHA.5772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> I've re-installed my Vista Business from a clone that I
> made 10 months ago, and when I try to install .NET
> Framework 2.0, the installer says that it's already there.
> The SP1 for .NET Framework 3.5 installed OK, and
> upgrade history verifies that, but I can't find .NET Framework
> 2.0 or 3.5 listed anywhere in the system. I thought that all the
> .NET Framework versions were listed in the Control Panel
> in Programs and Apps, but no .NET Framework is listed.
> Doesn't SP1 for v3.5 require the v3.5 Framework to be
> there?
>
> *TimDaniels*
>


If you have Vista you have 2.0. It is intregral to Vista. You don't have
to do anything. It was installed along with the rest of the OS when the
computer was first set up or updated from XP. It is not a separate download
and it does not appear in the "Uninstall a Program" list in the Control
Panel. Any other versions of the framework that you install will appear
there, however, as well as all updates.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-29-2009
Timothy Daniels
 

Posts: n/a
Re: where .NET Framework listed?
"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> "Timothy Daniels" wrote:
>> I've re-installed my Vista Business from a clone that I
>> made 10 months ago, and when I try to install .NET
>> Framework 2.0, the installer says that it's already there.
>> The SP1 for .NET Framework 3.5 installed OK, and
>> upgrade history verifies that, but I can't find .NET Framework
>> 2.0 or 3.5 listed anywhere in the system. I thought that all the
>> .NET Framework versions were listed in the Control Panel
>> in Programs and Apps, but no .NET Framework is listed.
>> Doesn't SP1 for v3.5 require the v3.5 Framework to be
>> there?
>>
>> *TimDaniels*
>>

>
> If you have Vista you have 2.0. It is intregral to Vista. You don't have to do anything. It was installed along
> with the rest of the OS when the computer was first set up or updated from XP. It is not a separate
> download and it does not appear in the "Uninstall a Program" list in the
> Control Panel. Any other versions of the framework that you install
> will appear there, however, as well as all updates.


Thanks, Colin. I find that .NET Framework 3.0 and 3.5 are
also listed in the Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder, but
that SP1 for Framework 3.5 is listed in the Control Panel's
"Programs and Features" panel. I was told in the MS dotnet.framework
NG that Framework 2.0 and 3.0 are part of Vista, and 3.5 is part of
Vista/SP1, thus they are all part of Vista. But Framework 3.5/SP1 came
later, and that's why it is listed in "Programs and Features". In any event,
I am relieved that nothing is wrong with my Vista system in that regard.

*TimDaniels*


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-05-2009
Colin Barnhorst
 

Posts: n/a
Re: where .NET Framework listed?
"Timothy Daniels" <NoSpam@SpamMeKnot.biz> wrote in message
news:%23dL7cxMKKHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>> "Timothy Daniels" wrote:
>>> I've re-installed my Vista Business from a clone that I
>>> made 10 months ago, and when I try to install .NET
>>> Framework 2.0, the installer says that it's already there.
>>> The SP1 for .NET Framework 3.5 installed OK, and
>>> upgrade history verifies that, but I can't find .NET Framework
>>> 2.0 or 3.5 listed anywhere in the system. I thought that all the
>>> .NET Framework versions were listed in the Control Panel
>>> in Programs and Apps, but no .NET Framework is listed.
>>> Doesn't SP1 for v3.5 require the v3.5 Framework to be
>>> there?
>>>
>>> *TimDaniels*
>>>

>>
>> If you have Vista you have 2.0. It is intregral to Vista. You don't
>> have to do anything. It was installed along with the rest of the OS when
>> the computer was first set up or updated from XP. It is not a separate
>> download and it does not appear in the "Uninstall a Program" list in the
>> Control Panel. Any other versions of the framework that you install
>> will appear there, however, as well as all updates.

>
> Thanks, Colin. I find that .NET Framework 3.0 and 3.5 are
> also listed in the Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework folder, but
> that SP1 for Framework 3.5 is listed in the Control Panel's
> "Programs and Features" panel. I was told in the MS dotnet.framework
> NG that Framework 2.0 and 3.0 are part of Vista, and 3.5 is part of
> Vista/SP1, thus they are all part of Vista. But Framework 3.5/SP1 came
> later, and that's why it is listed in "Programs and Features". In any
> event,
> I am relieved that nothing is wrong with my Vista system in that regard.
>
> *TimDaniels*
>


Glad you got it sorted.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update to .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 for the .NET Framework Assistant 1.0 x86 (KB963707) t-4-2 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 18 07-11-2009 10:24
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 & .NET Framework Family Update KB9518 Davy-D microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 04-18-2009 23:16
Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Upda Fran microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 04-09-2009 22:48
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x64 Installation problem BP microsoft.public.windowsupdate 8 03-16-2009 03:59
Can't get Microsoft.net framework 3.0 Service pack 1 and framework Ken microsoft.public.windowsupdate 4 01-30-2008 00:24




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:25.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120