bootloader with one corrupt and one working vista system

Gerard Verhoef

bootloader with one corrupt and one working vista system
My Vista ssytem crashed some time ago. Since I hadn't backed up all data I
decided to buy a second harddisk and do a fresh install on that second
drive.
Worked fine, but now I get a bootloader message each time I start the
computer, I get chose between (of course) 1. vista and 2. viste. I know that
1. vista, the newest version is the correct one, but I would prefer the
bootloader did't show up at all.

I have seen several posts regarding deleting the vista bootloader, but all
deal with the situation where people wanted to try vista on a XP system and
decided to get rid of vista. These solutions work along the line of xp
software.

Any help woud be appreciated. Needless to say, I want to use extreme caution
not to mess up the now running vista system.

Thanks for reading

Gerard Verhoef

Dominic Payer

Re: bootloader with one corrupt and one working vista system
The easiest way is to install EasyBCD from
http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1 and use that to edit the bootloader options.

On 22/08/2009 11:10, Gerard Verhoef wrote:
> My Vista ssytem crashed some time ago. Since I hadn't backed up all data
> I decided to buy a second harddisk and do a fresh install on that second
> drive.
> Worked fine, but now I get a bootloader message each time I start the
> computer, I get chose between (of course) 1. vista and 2. viste. I know
> that 1. vista, the newest version is the correct one, but I would prefer
> the bootloader did't show up at all.
>
> I have seen several posts regarding deleting the vista bootloader, but
> all deal with the situation where people wanted to try vista on a XP
> system and decided to get rid of vista. These solutions work along the
> line of xp software.
>
> Any help woud be appreciated. Needless to say, I want to use extreme
> caution not to mess up the now running vista system.
>
> Thanks for reading
>
> Gerard Verhoef

Gerard Verhoef

Re: bootloader with one corrupt and one working vista system
Thank!

Worked perfectly

Gerard