Error in deleting e-mail

Gene L.

Error in deleting e-mail
I have a question concerning Windows Vista. I am trying to recover an e-mail
I received in Microsoft Office Outlook and which I inadvertently deleted two
days ago. I also purged the "deleted items" folder. I am sure, however that
this particular e-mail was on my machine the last time I backed up my files
on a CD.

When I open the CD file for the back-up date, I cannot find it. Can anyone
tell me what section of the C Drive would have the e-mail messages?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Gene L.

Dominic Payer

Re: Error in deleting e-mail
Your .pst file is in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.

See
http://bhandler.spaces.live.com/Blog...Auug!391.entry
for recovery of deleted emails in Outlook.

On 20/08/2009 20:47, Gene L. wrote:
> I have a question concerning Windows Vista. I am trying to recover an
> e-mail I received in Microsoft Office Outlook and which I inadvertently
> deleted two days ago. I also purged the "deleted items" folder. I am
> sure, however that this particular e-mail was on my machine the last
> time I backed up my files on a CD.
>
> When I open the CD file for the back-up date, I cannot find it. Can
> anyone tell me what section of the C Drive would have the e-mail messages?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
> Gene L.

DL

Re: Error in deleting e-mail
Haveing run scanpst.exe on numerous occassions when it was reported that an
outlook data file was corrupt, I've never seen it undelete a msg, even if
the pst had not been compacted

"Dominic Payer" <dcp@dcp.fsv.co.uk> wrote in message
> Your .pst file is in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
>
> See
> http://bhandler.spaces.live.com/Blog...Auug!391.entry
> for recovery of deleted emails in Outlook.
>

> On 20/08/2009 20:47, Gene L. wrote:
>> I have a question concerning Windows Vista. I am trying to recover an
>> e-mail I received in Microsoft Office Outlook and which I inadvertently
>> deleted two days ago. I also purged the "deleted items" folder. I am
>> sure, however that this particular e-mail was on my machine the last
>> time I backed up my files on a CD.
>>
>> When I open the CD file for the back-up date, I cannot find it. Can
>> anyone tell me what section of the C Drive would have the e-mail
>> messages?
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>>
>> Gene L.

DL

Re: Error in deleting e-mail
If you backed up your outlook data file, and restored it from a backup to
the origonal location then all data from that backup date to currrent date
will be lost. If you have the option restore the outlook data file(s) to
your Documents folder, Then within Outlook open that data file.

PS a much better option, in future, is to use the free backup add-in from MS
and set it to store the backups on your Documents folder

"Gene L." <Camelotscc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a question concerning Windows Vista. I am trying to recover an
>e-mail I received in Microsoft Office Outlook and which I inadvertently
>deleted two days ago. I also purged the "deleted items" folder. I am sure,
>however that this particular e-mail was on my machine the last time I
>backed up my files on a CD.
>
> When I open the CD file for the back-up date, I cannot find it. Can anyone
> tell me what section of the C Drive would have the e-mail messages?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
> Gene L.

Dominic Payer

Re: Error in deleting e-mail
You have to corrupt specific characters at the beginning of the .pst
file. Corrupt the wrong characters and the index, and thus the deleted
items flagged as deleted but still present, cannot be recovered.

This is not an error which will normally occur in an Outlook data file
so it would be most unusual for a standard error scan with Scanpst to
recover deleted items.

On 20/08/2009 22:49, DL wrote:
> Haveing run scanpst.exe on numerous occassions when it was reported that an
> outlook data file was corrupt, I've never seen it undelete a msg, even if
> the pst had not been compacted
>
> "Dominic Payer"<dcp@dcp.fsv.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Your .pst file is in C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.
>>
>> See
>> http://bhandler.spaces.live.com/Blog...Auug!391.entry
>> for recovery of deleted emails in Outlook.
>>

>> On 20/08/2009 20:47, Gene L. wrote:
>>> I have a question concerning Windows Vista. I am trying to recover an
>>> e-mail I received in Microsoft Office Outlook and which I inadvertently
>>> deleted two days ago. I also purged the "deleted items" folder. I am
>>> sure, however that this particular e-mail was on my machine the last
>>> time I backed up my files on a CD.
>>>
>>> When I open the CD file for the back-up date, I cannot find it. Can
>>> anyone tell me what section of the C Drive would have the e-mail
>>> messages?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>>>
>>> Gene L.

wangdong

Re: Error in deleting e-mail
Advanced Outlook Repair can help to undelete the emails you delete by
mistake. Refer to http://www.datanumen.com/aor/problem...ok-deleted.htm
for more detailed information.

And visiting http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ can get detailed
information about Advanced Outlook Repair.

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
Good luck!
Wangdong
DL