Please help! vista turning off randomly!!

rickster26ter

Please help! vista turning off randomly!!

My windows vista black edition v2 computer keeps turning off randomly. I
am pretty sure it is something that I downloaded, so I am wondering if I
can download a windows installer on this computer onto a disc from
somewhere. It rarely loads through to see the desktop, and the extended
scan I did found no errors. What to do?

--
rickster26ter
rickster26ter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125783.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Please help! vista turning off randomly!!

"rickster26ter" <rickster26ter.3x2bbd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> My windows vista black edition v2 computer keeps turning off randomly. I
> am pretty sure it is something that I downloaded, so I am wondering if I
> can download a windows installer on this computer onto a disc from
> somewhere. It rarely loads through to see the desktop, and the extended
> scan I did found no errors. What to do?
>

> --
> rickster26ter
> rickster26ter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125783.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232850.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

If it is shutting down without warning, you most likely have an overheating
issue, in which case you should check for dust build up in the CPU fan and
heatsink assembly.

If it is shutting down but you are getting BSODs, we need to know what the
error codes are.

You could try going back in time to an earlier restore point if you are
unable to secure any error codes..

If that doesn't work, back up your important stuff at a time when the
computer is up and running, and follow it by a destructive restore of your
system..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Tom Ferguson

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message

> "rickster26ter" <rickster26ter.3x2bbd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> My windows vista black edition v2 computer keeps turning off randomly. I
>> am pretty sure it is something that I downloaded, so I am wondering if I
>> can download a windows installer on this computer onto a disc from
>> somewhere. It rarely loads through to see the desktop, and the extended
>> scan I did found no errors. What to do?
>>

>> --
>> rickster26ter
>> rickster26ter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125783.htm
>> View this thread:
>> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232850.htm
>>
>> http://forums.techarena.in
>>

> If it is shutting down without warning, you most likely have an
> overheating issue, in which case you should check for dust build up in the
> CPU fan and heatsink assembly.
>
> If it is shutting down but you are getting BSODs, we need to know what the
> error codes are.
>
> You could try going back in time to an earlier restore point if you are
> unable to secure any error codes..
>
> If that doesn't work, back up your important stuff at a time when the
> computer is up and running, and follow it by a destructive restore of your
> system..
>
> --
>
> Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Mike,

The OP is appearing here through a gateway from another forum. It is
difficult to say what the problem is. However, it is possibly that the
download that is causing the problem is something he got from amidst the
files of "windows vista black edition v2 ". It is
warez/unauthorized/unsupported [pick appropriate terms] .

The definitive cure is to wipe the the disk clean and install a legal,
supported OS.

Just my view.

Tom Ferguson

David B.

Re: Please help! vista turning off randomly!!
Good job, you have a pirated copy of Windows and posted in Microsoft's own
peer support forums, I can see common sense doesn't run in your family.

--

------
"rickster26ter" <rickster26ter.3x2bbd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> My windows vista black edition v2 computer keeps turning off randomly. I
> am pretty sure it is something that I downloaded, so I am wondering if I
> can download a windows installer on this computer onto a disc from
> somewhere. It rarely loads through to see the desktop, and the extended
> scan I did found no errors. What to do?
>

> --
> rickster26ter
> rickster26ter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125783.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232850.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

MatthewThornett

Re: Please help! vista turning off randomly!!
Hang on a sec, I got the same problem of my Vista HP shutting down randomly
and I bought a legal copy of vista from a shop. The way I sorted it was to
open the base unit, clean out the fan and dust down all the hardware
components. That made it run alot smoother and stop the random restarting...

"David B." wrote:

> Good job, you have a pirated copy of Windows and posted in Microsoft's own
> peer support forums, I can see common sense doesn't run in your family.
>
> --
>

> ------
> "rickster26ter" <rickster26ter.3x2bbd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > My windows vista black edition v2 computer keeps turning off randomly. I
> > am pretty sure it is something that I downloaded, so I am wondering if I
> > can download a windows installer on this computer onto a disc from
> > somewhere. It rarely loads through to see the desktop, and the extended
> > scan I did found no errors. What to do?
> >

> > --
> > rickster26ter
> > rickster26ter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125783.htm
> > View this thread:
> > http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232850.htm
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in

Bill Daggett

MatthewThornett <MatthewThornett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hang on a sec, I got the same problem of my Vista HP shutting down randomly
>and I bought a legal copy of vista from a shop. The way I sorted it was to
>open the base unit, clean out the fan and dust down all the hardware
>components. That made it run alot smoother and stop the random restarting...

We're happy for ya... that doesn't change the fact that
"rickster26ter" has an unsupported/pirated copy Windows.

>"David B." wrote:
>
>> Good job, you have a pirated copy of Windows and posted in Microsoft's own
>> peer support forums, I can see common sense doesn't run in your family.
>>
>> --
>>

>> ------
>> "rickster26ter" <rickster26ter.3x2bbd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > My windows vista black edition v2 computer keeps turning off randomly. I
>> > am pretty sure it is something that I downloaded, so I am wondering if I
>> > can download a windows installer on this computer onto a disc from
>> > somewhere. It rarely loads through to see the desktop, and the extended
>> > scan I did found no errors. What to do?
>> >

>> > --
>> > rickster26ter
>> > rickster26ter's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125783.htm
>> > View this thread:
>> > http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232850.htm
>> >
>> > http://forums.techarena.in

David B.

Re: Please help! vista turning off randomly!!
Why should we hang on, what does your problem have to do with the OP using a
pirated copy of Vista?

--

------
"MatthewThornett" <MatthewThornett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in