Acer Recovery of E380

thegurusteve

Acer Recovery of E380

Ladies and gentleman...I need some help from the experts out there. I
have contacted Acer and the computer is out of warranty so they would
not help with any tech advice so I am running out of options. My old
HDD failed and I bought a Seagate Barracuda to replace it with.

Here is the lengthy explanation with as much information (probably too
much)..
Computer = ACER Aspire E380 (ASE-380 - UD422A)
Memory = 4GB RAM
Old HDD - Hitachi 250GB
New HDD - Barracuda 1 TB

So I ordered the Recovery CD's from Acer for my computer and I began
the process.

1) Insert Systems CD
- System shows Loading RAMDISK Image (status bar......)
- System shows Please Wait..

2) Insert Recovery CD
3) Restore to Factory Default
- Restore Partition
- Source: DOEOPixi.###
- Destination: \Harddisk4\Partition\
(This takes about 30 mins)
4) Insert System CD
- Please wait a moment while copying files
- Restore finished
5) Click OK

- ASPIRE splash screen
- Black screen
- Microsfot Corporation at the bottom of the screen (No logo on
screen)
- Screen freezes

___________Turned off computer_________________________

1) Turned computer back on and go to Safe Mode
- Black Screen 'Loading Window Files'
- it stops at windows/system32/drivers/crcdisk.sys
- Please wait...
- Then it goes to another black screen
- Safe Mode in all 4 corners
- Title Bar - Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Build 6000
-Pop-up error window shows "Install Windows"
- Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To
continue install windows please restart the computer.

2) Computer restarts..
- Splash screen again
- the blue background with circle in the middle and Please wait... at
the bottom (and it freezes again)

So need any help you can give..

BIOS info:
Main Board ID - EM61SM/EM61PM
IDE Channel 0 Master is the CD Drive
IDE Channel 5 Master is the HDD (ST31000528AS)

--
thegurusteve
thegurusteve's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125617.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Acer Recovery of E380

"thegurusteve" <thegurusteve.3x1grb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Ladies and gentleman...I need some help from the experts out there. I
> have contacted Acer and the computer is out of warranty so they would
> not help with any tech advice so I am running out of options. My old
> HDD failed and I bought a Seagate Barracuda to replace it with.
>
> Here is the lengthy explanation with as much information (probably too
> much)..
> Computer = ACER Aspire E380 (ASE-380 - UD422A)
> Memory = 4GB RAM
> Old HDD - Hitachi 250GB
> New HDD - Barracuda 1 TB
>
> So I ordered the Recovery CD's from Acer for my computer and I began
> the process.
>
> 1) Insert Systems CD
> - System shows Loading RAMDISK Image (status bar......)
> - System shows Please Wait..
>
> 2) Insert Recovery CD
> 3) Restore to Factory Default
> - Restore Partition
> - Source: DOEOPixi.###
> - Destination: \Harddisk4\Partition\
> (This takes about 30 mins)
> 4) Insert System CD
> - Please wait a moment while copying files
> - Restore finished
> 5) Click OK
>
> - ASPIRE splash screen
> - Black screen
> - Microsfot Corporation at the bottom of the screen (No logo on
> screen)
> - Screen freezes
>
> ___________Turned off computer_________________________
>
> 1) Turned computer back on and go to Safe Mode
> - Black Screen 'Loading Window Files'
> - it stops at windows/system32/drivers/crcdisk.sys
> - Please wait...
> - Then it goes to another black screen
> - Safe Mode in all 4 corners
> - Title Bar - Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Build 6000
> -Pop-up error window shows "Install Windows"
> - Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To
> continue install windows please restart the computer.
>
> 2) Computer restarts..
> - Splash screen again
> - the blue background with circle in the middle and Please wait... at
> the bottom (and it freezes again)
>

> So need any help you can give..
>

> BIOS info:
> Main Board ID - EM61SM/EM61PM
> IDE Channel 0 Master is the CD Drive
> IDE Channel 5 Master is the HDD (ST31000528AS)
>

> --
> thegurusteve
> thegurusteve's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125617.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232630.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Do not go into Safe Mode.

You must boot from the recovery CD. To do this, either look for an F key on
the initialization screen which gives the option of selecting the boot
device, or go into BIOS and change it such that the CD/DVD drive is first in
the list..

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

thegurusteve

Re: Acer Recovery of E380

I did not go into Safe Mode until *after* everything else failed (the
first set of bullets above.

--
thegurusteve
thegurusteve's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125617.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232630.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

David B.

Re: Acer Recovery of E380
Contact Acer support, their recovery process is specific to their computers,
your problem is not a Vista issue.

--

------
"thegurusteve" <thegurusteve.3x1grb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Ladies and gentleman...I need some help from the experts out there. I
> have contacted Acer and the computer is out of warranty so they would
> not help with any tech advice so I am running out of options. My old
> HDD failed and I bought a Seagate Barracuda to replace it with.
>
> Here is the lengthy explanation with as much information (probably too
> much)..
> Computer = ACER Aspire E380 (ASE-380 - UD422A)
> Memory = 4GB RAM
> Old HDD - Hitachi 250GB
> New HDD - Barracuda 1 TB
>
> So I ordered the Recovery CD's from Acer for my computer and I began
> the process.
>
> 1) Insert Systems CD
> - System shows Loading RAMDISK Image (status bar......)
> - System shows Please Wait..
>
> 2) Insert Recovery CD
> 3) Restore to Factory Default
> - Restore Partition
> - Source: DOEOPixi.###
> - Destination: \Harddisk4\Partition\
> (This takes about 30 mins)
> 4) Insert System CD
> - Please wait a moment while copying files
> - Restore finished
> 5) Click OK
>
> - ASPIRE splash screen
> - Black screen
> - Microsfot Corporation at the bottom of the screen (No logo on
> screen)
> - Screen freezes
>
> ___________Turned off computer_________________________
>
> 1) Turned computer back on and go to Safe Mode
> - Black Screen 'Loading Window Files'
> - it stops at windows/system32/drivers/crcdisk.sys
> - Please wait...
> - Then it goes to another black screen
> - Safe Mode in all 4 corners
> - Title Bar - Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Build 6000
> -Pop-up error window shows "Install Windows"
> - Windows cannot complete installation in Safe Mode. To
> continue install windows please restart the computer.
>
> 2) Computer restarts..
> - Splash screen again
> - the blue background with circle in the middle and Please wait... at
> the bottom (and it freezes again)
>

> So need any help you can give..
>

> BIOS info:
> Main Board ID - EM61SM/EM61PM
> IDE Channel 0 Master is the CD Drive
> IDE Channel 5 Master is the HDD (ST31000528AS)
>

> --
> thegurusteve
> thegurusteve's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125617.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232630.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

thegurusteve

Re: Acer Recovery of E380

Acer is not providing support as it is out of warranty.

--
thegurusteve
thegurusteve's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125617.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232630.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

thegurusteve

Re: Acer Recovery of E380

Any other help?

--
thegurusteve
thegurusteve's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/125617.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1232630.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Rick Rogers

Re: Acer Recovery of E380
Hi,

Your original sequencing is somewhat disjointed and hard to follow.
Presumably Acer supplied instructions for use of their disk(s). At what
point does it fail?

Keep in mind that these forums are meant to deal with problems related to
installation issues with a retail version. When a manufacturer modifies this
for their systems, all the rules change. They are not using standard
installation sequences, but rather a proprietary method for restoring a
factory image. The methods, and issues related to them, vary greatly by
manufacturer.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/