Can't get the Vista Installer Automatic Restart Thing to Work

huntcl

Can't get the Vista Installer Automatic Restart Thing to Work

Hey guys,

I've got a home-built system that works just fine. I've had copies of
Vista work on it perfectly before. However, I lost my old disk, and I
have a new one of Vista Home Premium x64. I try to install it, though,
and it gets pretty far along in the installation process. But when it
goes to do that automatic restart thing it goes through, the system
boots up again, but the installation process starts over. When the
computer restarts, it tells me to hit any key to enter disk booting. If
I do, then the instillation process starts over. If I don't, then it
tells me there's a disk boot error and to hit 'Ctl, Alt, Dlt to restart
the computer. I've tried it about a billion times, and it does the same
thing every time. I've been in my bios and changed the booting order
around and all that jazz, but nothing seems to be working. I've also
tried repairing my computer through the installation program thing, but
that doesn't get me anywhere either. And I can't go back to my old copy
of Vista because it's been wiped from my harddrive, so I don't even have
the update option. All I can do is an installation, and I can't even get
that to work! Please, help if you can!

--
huntcl
Rick Rogers

Re: Can't get the Vista Installer Automatic Restart Thing to Work
Hi,

See if boot time protection is enabled in the system BIOS, it may need to be
disabled. Also, if you are running a sata drive, you may need to supply a
driver file to support the 64 bit installation during setup.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org