Set up an additional Boot Manager

Kornfan71

Set up an additional Boot Manager

Hi all,
First off, you'll need to know that I have 3 hard drives, with the
following contents:
-Drive one: 3 Linux distros and GRUB bootloader (this is the boot
drive)
-Drive two: 3 Windows installations (XP Pro, Vista Business, and 7
RC...all 32-bit) with Boot Manager
-Drive three: see below

I'm attempting to make a sort of a recovery drive out of the 3rd hard
drive on my computer. I want to have it contain WinRE, WinPE, and a
Linux installation, and I want to be able to have it be booted
seperately from the entire system (i.e. have its own bootloader so I can
use BIOS to boot to it, rather than GRUB on my boot drive). Naturally,
it isn't working quite the way I want it to. I've been following a
developer's blog over at MSDN to install WinRE, and I've managed to
install WinRE for Windows 7, but I don't like how I need to boot into
WinRE.

I need to go to the Windows Boot Manager, and then hit F8 for advanced
options, then enter WinRE. My issue with this is that one of the main
problems that would happen is that the bootloader would "die" in one way
or another, making it pointless having WinRE, since I wouldn't be able
to boot into it. So, I want to put another Boot Manager on the recovery
drive, and have it be able to boot at least WinRE and WinPE, and
possibly also add options to boot any of the 3 Windows installations.
I'll still need to have GRUB on the MBR, though, since I'll have a Linux
distro on that drive still.

My question is, how do I install a second Boot Manager onto a
different drive as the "regular" Boot Manager?

If I wasn't clear or you need more information, I'll give you what you
need.

Thanks in advance!

--
Kornfan71

karthi3765 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Set up an additional Boot Manager
I need to go to the Windows Boot Manager, and then hit F8 for advanced
options, then enter WinRE. My issue with this is that one of the main
problems that would happen is that the bootloader would "die" in one way
or another, making it pointless having WinRE, since I wouldn't be able
to boot into it. So, I want to put another Boot Manager on the recovery
drive, and have it be able to boot at least WinRE and WinPE, and
possibly also add options to boot any of the 3 Windows installations.
I'll still need to have GRUB on the MBR, though, since I'll have a Linux
distro on that drive still

still u have any doubts feel free to ask.

thanks in advance...
St

On 13 августа 6:10, Kornfan71 wrote:
> My question is, how do I install a second Boot Manager onto a
> different drive as the "regular" Boot Manager?

Only boot manager on first hard drive is always used. You can install it
onto other disks, but you have to swap them physically or disconnect the
first for BIOS to access it.