HP oem activation

Stew57

HP oem activation

I have a 2 month old HP tx2 notebook. It activated fine when first
booted. Used it abouy a month and IE crashed with a BSOD, and upon
recovery I have a notice on the bottom of the desktop that it says this
copy of windows in not genuine. When I reboot it says I must activate.
When I try it fails and the only options are new product key or contact
HP. I called HP and they said to use the key off the bottom of the
computer which does not work. They then want me to do a complete
reinstall which is quite unacceptible with all the work it took to get
this new machine loaded to work with. Is there any way out of this short
of starting over? Can i buy a new license and be sure it is going to
take. Buying a new copy of home premium unfair but is way better than
all the work I would have to do otherwise. The OS is home premium 64
bit. I would not want to install a new copy because of the driver issues
(touchsmart), I just want to use the key.
When I try to activate I get:

Buy new product key online

Try a different product key

Contact Hewlett-Packard to help resolve this problem

Have tried option 2 and 3 to no avail. I would try option 1 if I could
be assured it would work without loss of data. HP says to reinstall the
OS. They told me Microsoft does not support OEM installs. Why not? There
is no phone option.

when I try to input a new key I get an 0xC004E003 error.

Updates work fine and all my software works as well.The desktop
background does not work and it has the not genuine at the right bottom
corner. There does not seem to be a count down timer either.

Thanks
Stew

--
Stew57
alexdagr8est

Re: HP oem activation

ok right click my computer, either in start tab or on your desktop go to
properties>system information, scroll down click on activate my version
of windows

--
alexdagr8est
Stew57

Re: HP oem activation

I have the install disk that came with the computer as well as the image
on the HD. I would rather not have to start from scratch however and
would be willing to buy another copy if I could be assured that it
would activate without a reinstall. My vista is the original shipped
with the HP tx2 that was paid for when I bought the laptop so I do have
a genuine copy. I don't know what "stop trying to wrought microsoft"
means.

Stew

--
Stew57
alexdagr8est

Re: HP oem activation

ok I get you, sorry, insert the disc, restart, boot from disc, click
repair, see if that helps

--
alexdagr8est

If my post assisted you in any way Tip my scales [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/signaturepic...ic88399_1.gif]
Bill Daggett

Re: HP oem activation
alexdagr8est <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote:

>ok I get you, sorry, insert the disc, restart, boot from disc, click
>repair, see if that helps

If you're going to be here a lot, you'd do better if you would quote
what you are replying to.
Malke

Re: HP oem activation
Stew57 wrote:

> I have a 2 month old HP tx2 notebook. It activated fine when first
> booted. Used it abouy a month and IE crashed with a BSOD, and upon
> recovery I have a notice on the bottom of the desktop that it says this
> copy of windows in not genuine. When I reboot it says I must activate.
> When I try it fails and the only options are new product key or contact
> HP. I called HP and they said to use the key off the bottom of the
> computer which does not work. They then want me to do a complete
> reinstall which is quite unacceptible with all the work it took to get
> this new machine loaded to work with. Is there any way out of this short
> of starting over? Can i buy a new license and be sure it is going to
> take. Buying a new copy of home premium unfair but is way better than
> all the work I would have to do otherwise. The OS is home premium 64
> bit. I would not want to install a new copy because of the driver issues
> (touchsmart), I just want to use the key.
> When I try to activate I get:
>

> Buy new product key online
>

> Try a different product key
>

> Contact Hewlett-Packard to help resolve this problem
>
> Have tried option 2 and 3 to no avail. I would try option 1 if I could
> be assured it would work without loss of data. HP says to reinstall the
> OS. They told me Microsoft does not support OEM installs. Why not? There
> is no phone option.
>
> when I try to input a new key I get an 0xC004E003 error.
>
> Updates work fine and all my software works as well.The desktop
> background does not work and it has the not genuine at the right bottom
> corner. There does not seem to be a count down timer either.

1. Do not do a factory restore.
2. Back up your data *now* to external media (external hard drive, burn to
DVD).
3. The Microsoft Activation Hotline - (888) 571-2048

Also see - You may be prompted to activate Windows Vista on a computer on
which Windows Vista was already activated by a Volume License or OEM
installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;EN-US;93157

Malke
--