Recovery Partition in Vista 64 bit Home

nisar6788

Recovery Partition in Vista 64 bit Home

Can anybody help me,
Dell recovery Partition D with factory image.wim copied in drive I
external hard drive. How can i restore my laptop to factory settings
from the factory image in drive I (external hard drive) instead of drive
D (internal Hard Drive)

--
nisar6788
DL

Re: Recovery Partition in Vista 64 bit Home
Ask Dell, or their forums

"nisar6788" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Can anybody help me,
> Dell recovery Partition D with factory image.wim copied in drive I
> external hard drive. How can i restore my laptop to factory settings
> from the factory image in drive I (external hard drive) instead of drive
> D (internal Hard Drive)
>

> --
> nisar6788

Curious

Re: Recovery Partition in Vista 64 bit Home
The recovery partition does not contain a disk image of the factory
installation. It contains the programs and data to recreate the factory
image and will provide you with some options concerning bloatware etc as it
builds a new image.
You need to follow the instructions that came with the computer on how to
use the recovery partition on your computer to restore your laptop.

"nisar6788" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Can anybody help me,
> Dell recovery Partition D with factory image.wim copied in drive I
> external hard drive. How can i restore my laptop to factory settings
> from the factory image in drive I (external hard drive) instead of drive
> D (internal Hard Drive)
>

> --
> nisar6788

DL

Re: Recovery Partition in Vista 64 bit Home
But that wont help since the user moved the image to an external drive, and
probably removed the image partition
The Dell recovery process will be looking for the data on the removed
partition

"Curious" <spammenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
> The recovery partition does not contain a disk image of the factory
> installation. It contains the programs and data to recreate the factory
> image and will provide you with some options concerning bloatware etc as
> it builds a new image.
> You need to follow the instructions that came with the computer on how to
> use the recovery partition on your computer to restore your laptop.
>
> "nisar6788" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Can anybody help me,
>> Dell recovery Partition D with factory image.wim copied in drive I
>> external hard drive. How can i restore my laptop to factory settings
>> from the factory image in drive I (external hard drive) instead of drive
>> D (internal Hard Drive)
>>

>> --
>> nisar6788

Curious

Re: Recovery Partition in Vista 64 bit Home
I misunderstood I thought he said he copied it. If he moved it then he
probably needs to move it back so that it will work as designed.

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> But that wont help since the user moved the image to an external drive,
> and probably removed the image partition
> The Dell recovery process will be looking for the data on the removed
> partition
>
> "Curious" <spammenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
>> The recovery partition does not contain a disk image of the factory
>> installation. It contains the programs and data to recreate the factory
>> image and will provide you with some options concerning bloatware etc as
>> it builds a new image.
>> You need to follow the instructions that came with the computer on how to
>> use the recovery partition on your computer to restore your laptop.
>>
>> "nisar6788" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Can anybody help me,
>>> Dell recovery Partition D with factory image.wim copied in drive I
>>> external hard drive. How can i restore my laptop to factory settings
>>> from the factory image in drive I (external hard drive) instead of drive
>>> D (internal Hard Drive)
>>>

>>> --
>>> nisar6788

nisar6788

Curious;1109801 Wrote:
> I misunderstood I thought he said he copied it. If he moved it then he
> probably needs to move it back so that it will work as designed.
>
> "DL" <notvalid@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> news:e6A8S6eGKHA.1488@xxxxxx> > >
> > > But that wont help since the user moved the image to an external

> > drive,
> > > and probably removed the image partition
> > > The Dell recovery process will be looking for the data on the removed
> > > partition
> > >
> > > "Curious" <spammenot@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > news:O4wxRWeGKHA.1340@xxxxxx> > > > >
> > > factory
> > > etc as
> > > how to

neither i copied nor moved the image from recovery drive D but created
an backup of drive D by Keriver image and restored the same in drive I
external hard drive. After pressing F8 at the time booting the system
recovers from Drive D, but i am intrested to recover the same from Drive
I wherin an exact coipy of Drive D is availiable for recovery.

--
nisar6788
Colin Barnhorst

> Curious;1109801 Wrote:
>> I misunderstood I thought he said he copied it. If he moved it then he
>> probably needs to move it back so that it will work as designed.
>>
>> "DL" <notvalid@xxxxxx> wrote in message
>> news:e6A8S6eGKHA.1488@xxxxxx> > >
>> > drive,

> neither i copied nor moved the image from recovery drive D but created
> an backup of drive D by Keriver image and restored the same in drive I
> external hard drive. After pressing F8 at the time booting the system
> recovers from Drive D, but i am intrested to recover the same from Drive
> I wherin an exact coipy of Drive D is availiable for recovery.
>

> --
> nisar6788

The function key routine is hard coded to use D:. You cannot "redirect" the
hardware to use any other partition for the recovery. If you want to use a
different source for the recovery you need to use the backup program for the
restoration.

nisar6788

Re: Recovery Partition in Vista 64 bit Home

In case of any damage to recovery D if i restored the recovery to Drive
D from external hard drive by backup and restore programme, will F8
works as normal as earlier for restoration

--
nisar6788
nisar6788

Colin Barnhorst;1110325 Wrote:
> "nisar6788" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:aad8e23741060013c23367b1345a09e8@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >

> > > he

> > > neither i copied nor moved the image from recovery drive D but

> > created
> > > an backup of drive D by Keriver image and restored the same in

> > drive I
> > > external hard drive. After pressing F8 at the time booting the

> > system
> > > recovers from Drive D, but i am intrested to recover the same

> > from Drive
> > > I wherin an exact coipy of Drive D is availiable for recovery.
> > >

> > > --
> > > nisar6788 > >

> The function key routine is hard coded to use D:. You cannot
> "redirect" the
> hardware to use any other partition for the recovery. If you want to
> use a
> different source for the recovery you need to use the backup program
> for the
> restoration.

I am intrested to use diffrent source for the recovery,so which type
of backup up programme will be better for me to restore the
system,keeping in view the recovery partition on the external drive.

--
nisar6788
theog

Re: Recovery Partition in Vista 64 bit Home

Hi nisar6788

Try Norton Ghost v14.

--
theog