No Installation from Vista Installation-Cd on empty primary partit

Mollius

No Installation from Vista Installation-Cd on empty primary partit
After inserting the original Vista Ultimate the process starts with the
Message “NTLDR is missing. Press any Key”. Then “Press Ctrl.+Alt+Del to
restart. – Then “Windows is loading files”. – After this Windows indeed loads
files but stops after one minute. A Microsoft scripture appears and then an
empty surface. That`s all!
And it can repeat all over again.
How should I proceed? Thanks in advance for any help.
Mollius

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: No Installation from Vista Installation-Cd on empty primary partit
First of all you don't seem to be booting from the DVD... you should see a
message saying Press any key to boot from CD....

At that point, hit anything on the keyboard... the spacebar is usually my
target since it's the largest one!

Wait till it's finished it's startup, then choose to delete all partitions,
format the drive and let Vista install itself.

To boot from the DVD your optical drive MUST be listed as the drive from
which to boot first in the BIOS. To get into the BIOS depends on your PC...
sometimes it's the Del key, sometimes F2.... or sometimes other F keys, but
try Del first (that's Delete).
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Mollius" <Mollius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> After inserting the original Vista Ultimate the process starts with the
> Message “NTLDR is missing. Press any Key”. Then “Press Ctrl.+Alt+Del to
> restart. – Then “Windows is loading files”. – After this Windows indeed
> loads
> files but stops after one minute. A Microsoft scripture appears and then
> an
> empty surface. That`s all!
> And it can repeat all over again.
> How should I proceed? Thanks in advance for any help.
> Mollius

Mollius

Re: No Installation from Vista Installation-Cd on empty primary pa
Hallo Caro,
Thanks so much for your help. I have done as you indicated, and a fresh
Vista is now installed. My fault had been not to wait much longer after the
empty Windows aereo-screen had shown up. After a minute or so I had given up.
It takes longer.
Still, I have another problem. Two weeks before my old system went bust I
had, for security’s sake, copied all data on C: to an external HD – instead
of saving them in the form of an image. This was rather stupid. How should I
now make best use of the data? Try to copy at least some of the files into
the newly installed Vista? Would you have any suggestion?
Thank you once again,
Mollius

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> First of all you don't seem to be booting from the DVD... you should see a
> message saying Press any key to boot from CD....
>
> At that point, hit anything on the keyboard... the spacebar is usually my
> target since it's the largest one!
>
> Wait till it's finished it's startup, then choose to delete all partitions,
> format the drive and let Vista install itself.
>
> To boot from the DVD your optical drive MUST be listed as the drive from
> which to boot first in the BIOS. To get into the BIOS depends on your PC...
> sometimes it's the Del key, sometimes F2.... or sometimes other F keys, but
> try Del first (that's Delete).
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>

> "Mollius" <Mollius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > After inserting the original Vista Ultimate the process starts with the
> > Message “NTLDR is missing. Press any Key”. Then “Press Ctrl.+Alt+Del to
> > restart. – Then “Windows is loading files”. – After this Windows indeed
> > loads
> > files but stops after one minute. A Microsoft scripture appears and then
> > an
> > empty surface. That`s all!
> > And it can repeat all over again.
> > How should I proceed? Thanks in advance for any help.
> > Mollius

DL

Re: No Installation from Vista Installation-Cd on empty primary pa
Simply copy your doc files from external to the Documents folder on Vista
(I assumed by all data on C you meant data within the documents folder)

> Hallo Caro,
> Thanks so much for your help. I have done as you indicated, and a fresh
> Vista is now installed. My fault had been not to wait much longer after
> the
> empty Windows aereo-screen had shown up. After a minute or so I had given
> up.
> It takes longer.
> Still, I have another problem. Two weeks before my old system went bust I
> had, for security's sake, copied all data on C: to an external HD -
> instead
> of saving them in the form of an image. This was rather stupid. How should
> now make best use of the data? Try to copy at least some of the files into
> the newly installed Vista? Would you have any suggestion?
> Thank you once again,
> Mollius
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> First of all you don't seem to be booting from the DVD... you should see
>> message saying Press any key to boot from CD....
>>
>> At that point, hit anything on the keyboard... the spacebar is usually my
>> target since it's the largest one!
>>
>> Wait till it's finished it's startup, then choose to delete all
>> partitions,
>> format the drive and let Vista install itself.
>>
>> To boot from the DVD your optical drive MUST be listed as the drive from
>> which to boot first in the BIOS. To get into the BIOS depends on your
>> PC...
>> sometimes it's the Del key, sometimes F2.... or sometimes other F keys,
>> but
>> try Del first (that's Delete).
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>>

>> "Mollius" <Mollius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > After inserting the original Vista Ultimate the process starts with the
>> > Message "NTLDR is missing. Press any Key". Then "Press Ctrl.+Alt+Del to
>> > restart. - Then "Windows is loading files". - After this Windows indeed
>> > loads
>> > files but stops after one minute. A Microsoft scripture appears and
>> > then
>> > an
>> > empty surface. That`s all!
>> > And it can repeat all over again.
>> > How should I proceed? Thanks in advance for any help.
>> > Mollius

Mollius

"DL" wrote:

> Simply copy your doc files from external to the Documents folder on Vista
> (I assumed by all data on C you meant data within the documents folder)

Hallo Cora,
Unfortunately I did not express myself clearly enough. My "DOCUMENTS" have
been on a separate partition. With "Data" I meant all the Windows Programm
folders and settings, also additional programs on my C: partition. Had I
saved them as an image, there would be no problem, but in what way should I
best copy the folders into the new Vista installation?
Would you have the patience and look into again?
I have looked into your website and seen how multiple and exciting your
interests are. Congratulations!
On a bright Sunday morning in Bonn, Germany,
Yours Alfred Vestring (Mollius)

> "Mollius" <Mollius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hallo Caro,
> > Thanks so much for your help. I have done as you indicated, and a fresh
> > Vista is now installed. My fault had been not to wait much longer after
> > the
> > empty Windows aereo-screen had shown up. After a minute or so I had given
> > up.
> > It takes longer.
> > Still, I have another problem. Two weeks before my old system went bust I
> > had, for security's sake, copied all data on C: to an external HD -
> > instead
> > of saving them in the form of an image. This was rather stupid. How should
> > now make best use of the data? Try to copy at least some of the files into
> > the newly installed Vista? Would you have any suggestion?
> > Thank you once again,
> > Mollius
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> First of all you don't seem to be booting from the DVD... you should see
> >> message saying Press any key to boot from CD....
> >>
> >> At that point, hit anything on the keyboard... the spacebar is usually my
> >> target since it's the largest one!
> >>
> >> Wait till it's finished it's startup, then choose to delete all
> >> partitions,
> >> format the drive and let Vista install itself.
> >>
> >> To boot from the DVD your optical drive MUST be listed as the drive from
> >> which to boot first in the BIOS. To get into the BIOS depends on your
> >> PC...
> >> sometimes it's the Del key, sometimes F2.... or sometimes other F keys,
> >> but
> >> try Del first (that's Delete).
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Windows Technologies - Printing & Imaging
> >> http://www.coribright.com/windows

PvdG42

news7CD132E-649B-4625-824F-12632B98DADD@microsoft.com...

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Simply copy your doc files from external to the Documents folder on Vista
>> (I assumed by all data on C you meant data within the documents folder)

> Hallo Cora,
> Unfortunately I did not express myself clearly enough. My "DOCUMENTS" have
> been on a separate partition. With "Data" I meant all the Windows Programm
> folders and settings, also additional programs on my C: partition. Had I
> saved them as an image, there would be no problem, but in what way should
> best copy the folders into the new Vista installation?
> Would you have the patience and look into again?
> I have looked into your website and seen how multiple and exciting your
> interests are. Congratulations!
> On a bright Sunday morning in Bonn, Germany,
> Yours Alfred Vestring (Mollius)

As you have installed Vista "clean", you must now reinstall all your
programs from the distribution media. The installation process is required
so that the applications are properly configured in Windows, including
changes to the Windows Registry. You cannot copy program files folders to
the new OS and expect the programs to work.